Sediment Catchers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked into this a little while ago and the cheapest way of getting them is from sweeden and to buy 150 works out at 1.60 each which sounds ok but 150 is 320 quid I was sniffing about for people to chip in and get say 50 each but got no interest.
Also you need bottles with screw of crown caps and they're not easy to find in the uk.

£1.60 for a bottle cap coz thats all they are, personally I think they have out priced themselves from the market as it is only made up from plastice, rubber and a spring.

If they had gone to around 50p a cap and buy them in bigger bulk them the concept may have taken off. The website also sells spare parts for the caps so they mustnt last too long before they need repairing and they must be a friggin nightmare to sterilise with all the sediment at the bottom of the cap.

And for those reasons "I'm out"

These have been on before........ total waste of money.... :nono: :nono:
<<<CLICKY>>>

Use Nottingham and bottle when nearly clear after 14 days and the sediment is minimal. :thumb:

BB

another lesson learnt always do a search before posting a new topic :oops:

Latest posts

Back