Selection Original Vieux Chateau Du Roi Wine Kit Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearlfisher

Landlord.
Reaction score
Thanks ,that's the beauty.

Bottled this last weekend , we had roast pork last night and I decided to open a bottle , I intend leaving the remainder at least 6 months.
It was fantastic ,the best red I've ever tasted , admittedly though I've never paid more than £12 a bottle from a supermarket or wine merchant.

It worked out to £2.33 a bottle but worth every penny IMO. I will definitely be staying with these quality kits in the future.

£70 odd for a wine kit - ouchies!

Mind you, I've tried a few red wine kits that were more around the £40 mark, and they weren't up to much :hmm:

Not made that one but I have a Beverdale Chateau du Roi which I made in June. Last time I tasted it, it was also good. I might have to give the Selection Original a try as others have sung the praises of that brand.

The selection kits are well worth the money.
My advice is not to skimp on the cleaning of equipment and follow all guidlines etc , but the finished wine will be well worth it
:clap:

We had the chateau du roi beaverdale for crimbo, was delicious after only 3 months ageing. SWMBO did the lot in 5 days :evil:

Back