• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling up!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doyley

Reaction score
After 40 years of brewing I am calling it a day and selling up. I almost certainly have coeliac disease and when the final diagnosis comes I will have to give up beer. Aaaargh! I will be able enjoy farmhouse cider though.

Anyways, here is what I have.....

Electrim Boiler (plastic)
Cool box mash tun

I would be looking for about £60.

Edme beer keg with CO2 valve for use with S30 cylinders
3 fermenting bins
20+ quart brown screw top bottles, inside thread with a fair number of spare tops and washers for same.
Various other odds and ends including lever crown capper, lots of crown caps, thermometers, hydrometers, Star San, Polypin.

Again, about £60 ono

Also my brewing library:-

Graham Wheelers "Home Brewing"
"Brew Your Own Real Ale at Home"
"Brew Classic European Beers at Home"
"British Real Ale, 3rd edition"
"Brew Classic European Beers at Home"
CAMRA Homebrew Classics-IPA
Durdon Park Old British Beers And How To Make Them
Dave Lines "Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy"
Dave Lines "The Big Book Of Brewing (some loose pages)

Say around £35 for the lot.

I am afraid it would be a question of collection only, I live in N.E Essex

Hello MtirKiesh,
If no one wants to collect I would, but p+p would be extra at cost.

Hi Doley,

Sorry to hear you gotta give up! I would be interested i your mash tun, what size is it ok please? I'm local to you, in Tiptree so can collect no problem.

Thanks,

Phil

I would say capacity is about 25 litres, fine for a 5 gallon brew.

Thanks for that, MM 707. I had seen that there are gluten free beer kits, but having tasted various gluten free products (not beer)I think that I will stick with the farmhouse cider.
Cheers

Hope you DON'T have Coeliac disease mate. I'm just waiting to see if I have it. But are you aware that there are other very similar illnesses? Like gluten intolerance, wheat intolerance etc? Best of luck to you and let's hope it's not Coeliac.

Thanks for that blackdog , but I am fairly convinced. Blood tests,thyroid problems, son with coeliac disease, the usual symptoms, all point to it. I will miss beer and proper bread, but otherwise it's no big deal, all my cooking at home is gluten free because of my son, and we manage very well. And I am very partial to farmhouse cider....
Anyway best of luck with your diagnosis, but if you do turn out to have it, it really isn't so bad as long as you are careful.

That sounds about the right size, have you any pictures of the mash tun? Thanks.

Not brilliantto have,but what better a reason for drinking cider, although not as much to brew..... more time for drinking me thinks.

That sounds about the right size, have you any pictures of the mash tun? Thanks.

I'm afraid I am a somewhat technologically challenged wrinkly :confused: so I have no pictures at the moment, but I shall see if my son can point me in the right direction.

Also interested in the books if posting them is an option.

EDIT: Retracted. Did not notice MtirKiesh has already taken this on the assumption postage is an option (which is the only case I can purchase anyway). Apologies if this was stepping on anybodies toes.

Sure, sorry, I did not mean to step on anybodies toes. Previous message retracted! :) Good luck with your sale!

Have you tried white labs clarity ferm for turning a normal brew into a gluten reduced. Think does work for some coeliacs

Thanks for the suggestion, Legion, but I wouldn't want to tale the risk, at least until I had been gluten free for a while.
Cheers

All items now taken. I will be contacting those who expressed an interest in the books soon.

Latest posts

Back