September comp American pale ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If still want to try ill post tom.
you'll like it a lot, just not as vibrant as normal
I can't realy wait any longer for the judging I'm going to brussels on Friday and everyone else is getting impatient, it's a shame though after watching some of your beer reviews on YouTube I was realy looking forward to one.

OK chaps just to let you know I've done all the tastings last night and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately I've not had chance to put up the results. I'm just at the Airport on my way to brussels (so looking forward to the beer there) I'll put up the results and send my feedback early next week.

OK guys results are in. Sorry again it's taken so long, all the beers were very good I found it hard to pull them apart, but here's the top 3. I'll send out feedback as soon as I can.
Drum roll please brrrrrrrrr!

In 3rd place was dad's ale with a lychee ipa 36/50

In 2nd place was josh18t with a double dry hopped ipa. 38/50

And in first place with an absolutely stunning rye pale ale Braindead scored 40/50

Holy **** I won again.
Wow I'm seriously flattered. Glad you enjoyed it too.
Going to send you something dark and a bit special if I have any left on keg.
If not I'm brewing it again on Sunday and should be ready just before Christmas

Last edited:
Holy **** I won again.
Wow I'm seriously flattered. Glad you enjoyed it too.
Going to send you something dark and a bit special if I have any left on keg
You don't have to buy my respect bd, your beer was top class mate ive also got a dark beer you can try if you like pm me your address

Happy with 2nd on my first comp entry .

Looking forward to hearing feedback on it it. I think the crush may have been a little off on the oats I added as I missed my target OG and the body wasn’t quite what I was hoping for. Also want to add a few more whirlpool hops next time.

Latest posts

Back