September Competition - American Pales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a West Coast IPA that's ready. Will be bottling from keg so will send out to you later in the week / early next week. Will PM you for address.

Felt like Christmas today as 3 bottles arrived. I think we are sitting at 7 entries from memory.

It looks like judging won’t be until either the 8th or 15th so you still have a week or so to get entries in.

I kegged my IPA last night, burst carbed today. I'd say it's still a tad green and not 100% carbed ATM. The gas is on and I will check it periodically over the next several days. If it isn't a stinker, I'll send a bottle in for some FB.

Felt like Christmas today as 3 bottles arrived. I think we are sitting at 7 entries from memory.

It looks like judging won’t be until either the 8th or 15th so you still have a week or so to get entries in.
I've got a brew carbing at the moment. Should be OK for the 15th, might be touch and go for 8th. Will keep an eye on the thread end. Assuming it's worth sending of course!

I've got a brew carbing at the moment. Should be OK for the 15th, might be touch and go for 8th. Will keep an eye on the thread end. Assuming it's worth sending of course!
My local have announced their pub quiz on the 8th so judging will either be the evening of the 15th or the weekend of the 15th/16th depending on whether I have helpers available or not.

Will be kegging my IPA this Friday so I will give it a test early next week to see if it has enough carbonation and tasting ok

If only I knew September's comp was actually October's
It’s usually entries in by the end of the month for which the competition is for. Other commitments mean I can’t judge until the 15th so I’m willing to take late entries.

I don’t see the problem.

There’s now 12 beers in the lineup with 1 more still to come.

My helpers are definitely needed (although at a push I could do it over 2/3 nights) which now means judging has been pushed back to Friday 22nd.

It’s going to be filmed (did it the first time I judged and I think it’s the 2nd most views my geek mate has ever had for a YouTube video after his Honours project 😂) so if anyone wants their feedback edited out, speak now or forever hold your peace!

Last edited:
There’s now 12 beers in the lineup with 1 more still to come.

My helpers are definitely needed (although at a push I could do it over 2/3 nights) which now means judging has been pushed back to Friday 22nd.

It’s going to be filmed (did it the first time I judged and I think it’s the 2nd most views my geek mate has ever had for a YouTube video after his Honours project 😂) so if anyone wants their feedback edited out, speak now or forever hold your peace!
Is it too late to enter? My disconnect was faulty and made my IPA carbonate weirdly. I have since fixed it. Could post tomorrow morning, if that's acceptable?
And in case anyone is concerned, it ain't a winner.

Back