Session Beer Kit recommendation.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo77

Reaction score
Hi All.
Just bottled my 1st brew woodforde wherry, i’ve got Youngs yorkshire bitter i’m about to do.
Can you recommend a kit for a mild flavoured Ale, not too strong Alc%, hoppy or bitter along the lines of
Doom Bar, Samuel smiths Old brewery bitter or Newcastle Exhibition ( can you still get that never had one for years )
An easy drinking session beer. Thanks in advance.

When I read the title I was going to say Wherry but you already have that.

Maybe Festival Landlord's Finest, Bulldog Pennine Peak, or look at Love Brewing's Beer Works range, had some good success with those and there maybe something to suit your tastes.

Lots of great kits in the Cooper's range plus if your fv is big enough you can always add a couple of litres of extra water do it drops the abv a bit but gives you more beer!

Thanks for the reply’s I’ll consider them, plus after a bit research Simply Mild and others in the range have good reviews.

Is it possible to turn a beer kit into a session beer just by lowering the amount of sugar you put in?

I assumed this would maintain the flavour but lower the alcohol content?

Hi All.
Just bottled my 1st brew woodforde wherry, i’ve got Youngs yorkshire bitter i’m about to do.
Can you recommend a kit for a mild flavoured Ale, not too strong Alc%, hoppy or bitter along the lines of
Doom Bar, Samuel smiths Old brewery bitter or Newcastle Exhibition ( can you still get that never had one for years )
An easy drinking session beer. Thanks in advance.
I met a guy yesterday called Laurence in Newcastle who only brews Newcastle exhibition. They don’t make it anymore but he got the recipe from the brewery and has perfected it. Really tasty beer. He said he shows it occasionally. Absolutely lovely guy and his setup was fantastic

I met a guy yesterday called Laurence in Newcastle who only brews Newcastle exhibition. They don’t make it anymore but he got the recipe from the brewery and has perfected it. Really tasty beer. He said he shows it occasionally. Absolutely lovely guy and his setup was fantastic

Would just love to get my hands on that recipe, hope Laurence is reading this and feeling generous. :onechug:

I hope so. Great little setup he has. I can ask if he’s willing to share the recipe if you want me to ask?

I'd be forever in your (and his) debt, I'm from the north east and remember this beer with fondness, I'd be over the moon if he was willing to share but I understand if he isn't keen on the idea as he's took time to perfect it and it's his award winner.

I'd be forever in your (and his) debt, I'm from the north east and remember this beer with fondness, I'd be over the moon if he was willing to share but I understand if he isn't keen on the idea as he's took time to perfect it and it's his award winner.
The guy was an absolute gent, I’m sure he’d help a fellow brewer out. I’ll ask the question

Back