Setting up a new Cornelius Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

After many years brewing and bottling I have decided to go over to kegging using a new Keg Land Keg

I asked for advice as to what kit to buy - I enjoy ales, and am not keen on gassy beers. I also like the beer at room temperature i.e. not chilled

So I have bought a keg that takes a soda stream gas bottle and have now got the following

19l Ball Lock Corny Keg
3/8" OD Clear/Natural Beer/ Gas line
Intertap Chrome Faucet (I guess what we call a tap in the UK)
John Guest Speedfit 3/8 - 1/4 FFL
Kegland MK4 CO2 Sodastream Regulator
MFL Tap Shank Adpater
Premium Ball lock disconnect Beer out MFL
Premium Ball lock disconnect Gas in MFL

NO INSTRUCTIONS as to how to put it together

I am sorry for such a basic question - but where do I start - any links to show me how to get going?

Many Thanks

You basically need to connect the sodastream regulator to the gas disconnect - probably attach a JG speedfit to the regulator and one to the gas diconnect with a short section of the 3/8 tubing between them.

Do the same between the beer out and the tap.

Fill your keg with fermented beer, connect the gas line and purge the headspace of the keg with CO2 a few times (add gas and then pull the pressure release). Next set the regulator to desired pressure depending on temperature and how fizzy you want it, leave for couple of weeks with the gas still on, then pour with the tap connected pour your beer.

Add some photos of your kit if you want more detailed explanation.

Back