Sexism taken too far?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5456525/Sexist-craft-beer-names-images-banned.html
SIBA should be spending more time and their resourses on the quality of the beer not nonsense like this
I also notice its being promoted by a woman a miss Wise,how suprising eh?

49BFE99000000578-0-image-a-23_1520033320025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will they be picking on one of my favourite beers next - Bishops Finger.

Not sure sexism can be taken too far personally. I just think people, companies (see the story about Stone Brewing advertising campaign last week?) need to think - could this be offensive in any way, and if in doubt don't do it. I was told to ask myself - 'would your granny be happy?' If I thought it would upset her I wouldn't do it or say it. Simple rule.

Hi!
The trouble is that there are so many terms that could be used to refer to sex, genitalia etc (c.f. Roger's Profanisaurus) that it is becoming difficult to say anything without someone taking offence.

there are lot's of people who seek to be offended and they, without wishing to give offence, often are.

aamcle

I don't really see a point in this.
If woman are more into craft beer then that in itself should be motivation for a company to market also to woman.

Having an old (50's) marketing plan is not the same as being sexist.

If using a picture of a scantily clad female is considered sexist then why do so many womens magazines have them on the cover? Is that to offend all their female readers then?

If using a picture of a scantily clad female is considered sexist then why do so many womens magazines have them on the cover? Is that to offend all their female readers then?

I would say, yes in a sense.
But not offend but rather objectify.
Just because its made for woman doesn't mean that it isn't per se a bad influence ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Its pretty retarded of the breweries to use such imagery given the number of potential customers it won't appeal to. Unless they think that Beer is a mans drink, which thus supports the accusation of sexism in the industry. Personally I find this dated branding as a good indication of a an average product, and easily avoided.

What next no scantily clad females on the tyre manufacturers calender's?

Took me a while to find one where the lady is not showing her thruppeny bits.

original.jpg

What next no scantily clad females on the tyre manufacturers calender's?

Took me a while to find one where the lady is not showing her thruppeny bits.

original.jpg
Apart from the forward thinking Pirelli calander which ditched nudes a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back