Sheffield Home Brew Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent!
You can meet earlier if you like but I'd say about 8, as my bus will get me there for about quarter to.
Bring home brew at your own discretion but there's no guarantee they'll welcome us drinking it there the 1st time around.
I'm going to hopefully be bringing along another fellow home brewer, who is a veteran of the 1st Shef brew club, so look out for two nerdy/beardy types.
I suppose we ought to have some way of recognising one another. I ain't walking round with a placard saying 'home brew club this way' but I guess a sign on the table might be a good idea?

Brill. I will see you at about 8. Will leave my bottles this time then. A sign for the table is a good idea. I shall look out for you, if you see a woman wandering about looking for you - that'll be me - Lorna!

Announcement
Sheffield Home Brew Club will meet on Thursday 17th January at 8pm in the Sheffield Tap.

Bring home brew if you wish, although we can't guarantee we'll be allowed to drink it in our chosen venue.

Sounds like it’s shaping up nicely.

If my cold hasn’t shifted by then I’ll show up to say hi and clear off. You don’t want me sneezing on you all night but I don’t want to be a no show either!

See you at 8!

I've had that manflu this week it's horrible. Think I'm well enough for at least a medicinal jar, I've heard hops does wonders for most illnesses.

I've only just logged in and seen this, and unfortunately its my girls' gymnastics class tonight so I can't make it.
As the advance party, I wish you good luck in your quest to secure the venue.

I'll see you on the next one.

Brill. I will see you at about 8. Will leave my bottles this time then. A sign for the table is a good idea. I shall look out for you, if you see a woman wandering about looking for you - that'll be me - Lorna!

So I randomly singled out a woman who is sat here on her own... She must think I'm here for some tinder action or something. aunsure....

I'm sat in the back room and have a table just to the right of the entrance of the back room.

Excellent night!
Thanks to all those that turned up for the inaugural meeting of the Sheffield Home Brew Club.
The Sheffield Tap is now our official venue!
Our next meeting will be on Thursday 21st February (we could potentially have the meeting on the Thursday the week before but I don't think it would be a popular decision, ie it's valentines day).
The March brew challenge is a stout of your choice.

OK, after my mistake finding everyone was a very good night! Discordan thank you for sorting, appreciate the effort!

Just thought I’d give a quick recap of the events of the 1st brew club meeting for those of you that couldn’t make it. A big thanks to those of you that did, it was a great night with lots of interesting conversation (and beer) flowing and tips and recipes being exchanged.
It turns out that the Sheffield Tap were very much up for the idea of hosting our homebrew club when the idea was put to them, cheers Chris!
We’re more than welcome to bring our own homebrew along to the meetings (as long as we’re drinking their ale as well!), so we ended up sharing a few bottles round last night.
The Tap are also going publicise the monthly meetings, which hopefully might draw a few more people in. They also mentioned the possibility of the club doing a brew with their onsite brewery and/or running a competition to choose a beer to produce commercially.
We briefly discussed the frequency/timing of the meetings and to keep things simple we thought that sticking with the 3rd Thursday of the month would be best.
The idea was also put forward of having a monthly challenge to brew a beer in a particular style but, since we’ve only just got going, it will be for 2 months time, i.e. March.
So, as mentioned in my previous post, the March brew challenge will be a stout.

Cheers!
Rob

Didn't realise how close this pub was to the train station, will hopefully make next months meet :beer1:

Yes, it was a great night - thanks for organising it. Won't be able to make the February meeting but will be at the March one and will bring a stout with me. Looking forward to it.

Next Shef brewclub meeting Thursday 21st February at The Sheffield Tap, starting 7:30pm.
(Things were a little rushed towards the end of the night last time around so a slightly earlier start would be ideal)

Feel free to bring along your homebrew for everyone to sample. If you don't have any come along anyway for a few beers & a chat about all things homebrew & beer related!

Back