Sheffield Home Brew Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The January meeting of the Sheffield homebrew club is on Thursday 16th @ 7:30pm in the Sheffield Tap.

Last edited by a moderator:
:-( I'm going to miss this one as away with business. I should have two brews to bring for the Feb meetup.
My last extract: Bulldog's Evil Dog American Double IPA
My first All Grain: SMASH Simcoe.

I still have some mangrove jacks ipa, in my keg I need to move on. If anyone is in Eckington, bring you growler.

:-( I'm going to miss this one as away with business. I should have two brews to bring for the Feb meetup.
My last extract: Bulldog's Evil Dog American Double IPA
My first All Grain: SMASH Simcoe.

I still have some mangrove jacks ipa, in my keg I need to move on. If anyone is in Eckington, bring you growler.
No problem Neil. See you in Feb.

Did not know Sheffield had a homebrew club.

Maybe I could attend February?
New members are always welcome. Just look out for the post here for when the next meeting is or on Twitter @brewclubshef.

Hi all, new to this forum and just started homebrewing again. Wife and I are doing it together and would be keen to come down for the next meeting. We have an APA that's carbed and ready to go and bottled a sweet stout today with 3 variations that should be carbonated by then so would bring those as well if they're ready.

Hi all, new to this forum and just started homebrewing again. Wife and I are doing it together and would be keen to come down for the next meeting. We have an APA that's carbed and ready to go and bottled a sweet stout today with 3 variations that should be carbonated by then so would bring those as well if they're ready.
New members are always very welcome. The next meeting is on Thursday 20th Feb in the Sheffield Tap at 7:30.

Hello all,
New to the brewing game and just stumbled upon this forum would love to come across but won't have anything ready for this meet.

Hello all,
New to the brewing game and just stumbled upon this forum would love to come across but won't have anything ready for this meet.
Feel free to come along to a meeting, it doesn't really matter if you've got any homebrew to bring as there'll be plenty to go around!

It's remiss of me but I've realised I've not posted details of our meetings in over 2 years on the forum.

The next meeting of SHBC will be on Sunday 29th May at 2pm in The Sheffield Tap

As always new members are very much welcome!
I know some people can be a bit hesitant about bringing their brews along for others to sample but at SHBC we know how offputting criticism can be, having been on the wrong end of it myself. So, please be assured that any critiquing will be constructive and diplomatic, unless otherwise requested.
As anyone who has been to our homebrew club will tell you it's pretty relaxed and basically an excuse to have a few drinks and share ideas.
Don't feel that you do have to bring your homebrew along though, if you just want to come along to sample ours!

I'm looking forward to returning to the meets, I've not been since the pandemic. It used to be on a Thursday, but Sunday is a little hard for me at the moment. Fingers crossed, SHMBO might get move jobs to one which gives our weekends back. :-)

I'm looking forward to returning to the meets, I've not been since the pandemic. It used to be on a Thursday, but Sunday is a little hard for me at the moment. Fingers crossed, SHMBO might get move jobs to one which gives our weekends back. :-)
Hope to see you back at SHMC sometime.
Unfortunately, as for most things, the pandemic didn't do the homebrew club any favours but meetings are back to normal now.
I find Sunday afternoons work a bit better, as getting up on a Friday for work after a skinfull at homebrew club was a nightmare!

Our April homebrew club meeting is on Sunday 30th at the Sheffield Tap, starting 2pm.
For those that haven't been, we're a friendly bunch & won't critique your beers harshly (unless you specifically ask for critical feedback).
We have brewers at all stages of their brewing journey, who bring some pretty awesome beers to share, & who are happy to give their help & advice.
Get yourselves along; it's a bank holiday on the Monday, so you'd be a fool not to!🍺

Back