Shiny Grainfather.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm let me think - £600? At my usual 34p/pint of AG using a cheapo boiler etc, that's about 1,800 pints of beer to pay for it.

Hmmm let me think - �£600? At my usual 34p/pint of AG using a cheapo boiler etc, that's about 1,800 pints of beer to pay for it.

If your comparator was buying beer in tesco at £1.50 a pop then you're saving £1.20 (ish) a pint. So actually only 500 pints. Or 14 full length brews. Not that bad after all. Compare to the pub and it's more like 7 brews.

BUT, i am of course being deliberately facetious and pedantic, because the cost per pint isn't really the point is it?

I agree if you enjoy the savings made with home brewing, a gf is not a sound investment.

If you don't care about the cost per pint but like gadgets and saving a bit of time and faffing on brewday, then it's a great investment.

It's about what you value about your hobby, not the price of the kit!

Hmmm let me think - �£600? At my usual 34p/pint of AG using a cheapo boiler etc, that's about 1,800 pints of beer to pay for it.

Suppose a bit like buying a tee with a 3d aninule on it for 28 quid or just buying a white one from t'ASDA for 3 quid? Both do the job.

Cheers

No doubt on sale because of this
Just launching the Beta in NZ (trialists have to buy it), shipping in Autumn, who knows when they'll be in UK.

I bet they'll be towards £700 rather than the £650 current price.

I did check as many current suppliers and all are still at c£650 so the intent was to tell anyone thinking of buying now that these are on offer now.

Incidentally, in my opinion, this supplier is probably the best I have found online so far.

Cheers

Just launching the Beta in NZ (trialists have to buy it), shipping in Autumn, who knows when they'll be in UK.

I bet they'll be towards £700 rather than the £650 current price.

I did check as many current suppliers and all are still at c£650 so the intent was to tell anyone thinking of buying now that these are on offer now.

Incidentally, in my opinion, this supplier is probably the best I have found online so far.

Cheers

The announcement email from Grainfather re. the new controller suggested that the cost of the new version will be roughly equal to the cost of the old one (ie current version) plus the cost of the new controller (which will be available as a separate upgrade to existing owners).

My guess would be c. £800 if you're lucky. I think they'll try and sell the new control box thingy for 150ish.

The announcement email from Grainfather re. the new controller suggested that the cost of the new version will be roughly equal to the cost of the old one (ie current version) plus the cost of the new controller (which will be available as a separate upgrade to existing owners).

My guess would be c. �£800 if you're lucky. I think they'll try and sell the new control box thingy for 150ish.

You're probably right Stuart, makes the £595 from Home Brew Shop look even more of a bargain.

If your comparator was buying beer in tesco at £1.50 a pop then you're saving £1.20 (ish) a pint. So actually only 500 pints. Or 14 full length brews. Not that bad after all. Compare to the pub and it's more like 7 brews.

BUT, i am of course being deliberately facetious and pedantic, because the cost per pint isn't really the point is it?

I agree if you enjoy the savings made with home brewing, a gf is not a sound investment.

If you don't care about the cost per pint but like gadgets and saving a bit of time and faffing on brewday, then it's a great investment.

It's about what you value about your hobby, not the price of the kit!

Agree with this completely. Each to their own. I chose this route. My mate brews stove top boil in the the bag ang gets great results too.

I work hard for my money and will spend it how I like.

Back