Shipping on GeterBrewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronnie23

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

About to place my first order on Geterbrewed. According to the shipping page it should be £6.75 to the UK.
At checkout it keeps coming back as £12.70 - have deleted a few things to make sure I'm 100% under 30kg to no help.

Naturally, tried to call but couldn't get thru or leave a message - understand they're flat out.

Thanks for any guidance,

Ron

Hi Guys,

About to place my first order on Geterbrewed. According to the shipping page it should be £6.75 to the UK.
At checkout it keeps coming back as £12.70 - have deleted a few things to make sure I'm 100% under 30kg to no help.

Naturally, tried to call but couldn't get thru or leave a message - understand they're flat out.

Thanks for any guidance,

Ron
To the best of my knowledge, the maximum weight for GEB is 27Kg.

Correct the home brew company is 30 kg
I've just checked the website and it is now showing 30 kilos to all destinations. This is new as my last order of about a month ago was definitely max 27 Kg. It's only £11.25 delivery for (now) 30 Kg to France so something funny's going on. I'm going to do a dummy order to see what the delivery charge comes up as.

Edit: Yep. Just put 29 Kg of grain in my basket together with the bits and pieces that are already there and the delivery charge is £11.25.

I think they've just changed their courier. Didn't they change from Parcel Force to DPD? That may account for the extra allowance. It's certainly good for me. (Or it was, they've just sold out of two of the yeasts in my basket).

Hopefully the allowance does come up. I'm using them for the first time and 30kg would allow me to buy specialty grains with the same order which is helpful. At a limit of 27kg this is difficult

Hopefully the allowance does come up. I'm using them for the first time and 30kg would allow me to buy specialty grains with the same order which is helpful. At a limit of 27kg this is difficult
I had always used thehomebrewcompany.uk for that very reason. They sell the cheapest, yet high quality sack of malt and give another 5Kg to play with. I moved over to GEB because their malt prices prices are not on a sliding scale, but pro rata of a sack, so if I buy a kilo of Crisp flagon malt it's 99p; 10 Kg is £9.90 and a sack is £24.75. That's only pennies more than a bag of HookHead malt and the flexibility of being able to mix and match is worth it. Just checked HBC and they don't seem to be taking orders anyway at the moment because of a huge backlog. But when they do, it's worth remembering that HBC have great sales, from time to time and also offer a 5% discount to us lot.

To the best of my knowledge, the maximum weight for GEB is 27Kg.
I've had same problem today. The delivery info says 30kg including 1kg of packaging not 27kg. So I built an order for 27kg of grain and they want to charge me £12.70. So I mailed them and got this response

Hi David

Thanks for your email and sorry for any inconvenience

If this order can be packaged into one parcel then the additional postage will be refunded

Each item has weights and Dimensions added and the packaging and box weight is also included
###
So I'll reduce the weight or go elsewhere.

I've had same problem today. The delivery info says 30kg including 1kg of packaging not 27kg. So I built an order for 27kg of grain and they want to charge me £12.70. So I mailed them and got this response

Hi David

Thanks for your email and sorry for any inconvenience

If this order can be packaged into one parcel then the additional postage will be refunded

Each item has weights and Dimensions added and the packaging and box weight is also included
###
So I'll reduce the weight or go elsewhere.
I have the same problem with every order. I think they still have the default weight from the last supplier in. I think it was parcel force up to 27kg. DPD is 29kg plus 1kg for the box.
Once I go over 27kg the postage doubles. They do refund but it's a bit annoying.

Latest posts

Back