Shopping for grain and hops

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

xoddsx

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a favourite online shop for buying brewing ingredients. Have struggled to find a store that stocks everything I need for a given brew. Search through stock adding it to the basket and then fall at the last one or two ingredients. Would ideally like to find a one stop shop that people recommend?

Thanks,

Odin

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Home brew company, I use the Irish site

Cwrw666

Landlord.
Reaction score
I used to use BrewUK as they have virtually anything you'd want but switched to the Homebrew Company as they are way cheaper and still have a pretty enormous range.

dad_of_jon

Beer designer
Reaction score
brewuk as hbc and the homebrewshop in aldershot have stopped taking orders due to demand and covid. expect a delay of 5 days or so. plan ahead...

Slid

Forum Friend
Reaction score
I use Worcester Hop Shop, because I brew predominantly English type beers, with a smattering of fancy hops.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
There are four I use regularly because they will deliver to France for a reasonable charge and up to 31 Kg. They are Thehomebrewcompany, who offer a 5% discount to members, Geterbrewed, The Malt Miller, and Brew UK in no particular order- each has its merits and shortcomings. HBC has the cheapest malt and it's good stuff and will deliver up to 31 Kg also some wholesale hops, Geterbrewed does some amazing kilo hop deals- cheapest Citra by miles, also their malt prices are the same per kilo whether you order a kilo or a sack and quite reasonable. Malt Miller can be a little pricey for some things and his sacks of pale malt are quite dear in my opinion, but, extremely reliable and fast- very professional. Brew UK has the feel of being old school (in the best way possible) reasonable prices, excellent range, a tad slow on dispatch- this is Greg Hughes outlet. It's worth making a comparison and buying in bulk.

ryderkellan

Reaction score
Homebrew outlet. V good service from them, although no yeast at the mo

xoddsx

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the info much appreciated, will give those shops a look.

Ashley

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a favourite online shop for buying brewing ingredients. Have struggled to find a store that stocks everything I need for a given brew. Search through stock adding it to the basket and then fall at the last one or two ingredients. Would ideally like to find a one stop shop that people recommend?

Thanks,

Odin
i only use The Malt Miller. they're in Swindon and they have the best range of malt i've ever seen.

www.themaltmiller.co.uk if you're interested.

Simonh82

Landlord.
Reaction score
Usually Malt Miller or Homebrew Company but during the current crisis I would give a shout out to the London Beer Lab. They are a microbrewery and also run brewing workshops and have a homebrew supplies section. With the Brewery side scaled back right now, they have moved their homebrew supplies online. They have some good prices on hops, including cryo hops. There website is still a bit rough around the edges as it's been updated quickly to allow online sales but they are good people and I hope this helps them stay in business. Home Brew Supplies

NPi

Reaction score
Brew2Bottle for everything but hops, very good prices on equipment and ancillary items.

I ordered from them thus week and only waited 2 business days for delivery, very good considering the issues with couriers etc currently.

Cheers
Nick acheers.