Should I be worried

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes its a judgement call where experience would help but if you have released them more than once and the pressure seems to have subsided then that should say that the carbonation is slowing so seal then and putting them in a cold place after you have given them time to build a little carbonation back. The cold area will stop all about any more carbonation and let the beer clear.
Next time you will have the experience to tackle it better but you need to find out why they were over carbing, was it bottling too early or over priming? it could also be a infection but drinking/taste will tell you that.
Good Luck:beer1:athumb..

Tinlife here - a brief update:

All bottles are now under control, it would seem. The bottles have firmed up again but not quite to the same extent. I cracked one outside to see what happens and it just fizzes nicely but doesn't gush. So, the bomb situation seems to have been avoided - thanks all!

However, I suspect the over carbing will have altered the taste. If they're too lively I would expect a pretty bland taste, but let's see in a fortnight.

If they are too carbed for you just pour into a pint glass then pour into another to knock out some of the CO2, you can do this as many times as you want to get the carb you want athumb.. :beer1:

Just poured one out. Apart from being too young, the carbonation is fine. No worries at all. Thanks!

Can I ask, does the indoor conditioning stage do anything more than do the carbonation work or is there another purpose? I'm asking because since they're well carbed I wondered if I can move to the shed now, even though it has only been in the bottle a week?

You can move them to the shed if they are carbed to your taste and the beer will mature further from then on.
Ps the beer will taste different as time goes on that is maturation in process

Latest posts

Back