Show us your beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will hold my hand up and admit i have stolen this idea from another forum, i hope the thread it is as popular here.

The floor is yours.

Last edited:
Hi!
Common as Muck - a California Common with CML yeast.
Sorry about the photo - couldn't get the right lighting.
image.jpeg

A chocolate oatmeal stout which is in the current competition! Was brilliant the first few weeks but carbonation seems to have died off which is a current theme for my brews at the minute.
20180111_191128.jpg

I’m not drinking it right now, but found the picture on my phone from about 3 weeks ago. First in Flight American Pale Ale:

a20a1283-45e2-40b1-950f-c7f89649c64e-jpeg.12895

Attachments

• A20A1283-45E2-40B1-950F-C7F89649C64E.jpeg
    A20A1283-45E2-40B1-950F-C7F89649C64E.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,152
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks lovely. How did you use the rice?

Cheers. The use of rice was mainly for the experience of doing a cereal mash for the first time. I started by milling the rices into a grit to break them open. The cereal mash consisted of mashing the rice and a handful of malt (for enzymes) in a couple of litres of water at 70c for 15 minutes, then raised to the boil for half an hour to gelatinise the proteins. At the same time I mashed in the rest of the grains at 50c for 15 minutes, then added the boiling cereal mash to step up the mash to 66C and continued mashing as normal. A bit of an elaborate process, but adds a technique to the arsenal and options of using some unusual starch based ingredients. The wild rice (not actually a rice, but a grass seed) and the Basmati added a nice nutty quality to the beer, and also gave a dry, crisp finish compared to an all malt lager. A smaller addition to a Best Bitter or Nut Brown Ale would work really well.

http://beersmith.com/blog/2013/09/06/cereal-mash-steps-for-all-grain-beer-brewing/

Last edited:
GW dobs best bitter. My first attempt at using liquid yeast and my best AG brew to date.

Attachments

• IMG_20180315_174220961.jpg
    IMG_20180315_174220961.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 138
A photo of my beer!

The Wilko Spray Bottle (to become PB "C") is currently under pressure test before I fill it and 10 litre PB "B" with the Pale Ale (in Brew Fridge 2) and take them to France.

SWMBO has already selected enough household "stuff" to overload the car so it looks as if 28 litres is my limit on this trip and I will almost certainly have to resort to a few Fischers (in 650ml Flip-Top bottles) before I get back home! It's a tough life but somebody has to do it!

The good news is that while I'm away the Premium Bitter, SMASH with Citra, English Bitter, Robust Porter and Oatmeal Stout should all be conditioning away and just waiting for me to get back home! :thumb:

IMG_0632.jpg

Back