Show us your beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife is in amongst my beer after a long day in the sun. Here's the pic I got sent. Looks like the head on my Helles is improving after a couple of more weeks in the bottle.

helles-jpg.14792
That looks like a cracking pint. Well done.

Just drawn off a taster of the Irish Red ale I barreled a couple of days back. Taste is nice and light, an easy drinker I think this will be. Not too sure where the red comes into it though, looks more, well...like amber to me!! Could be a trick of the atmospherics down here in Cornwall. anyway, I'll just call it a Cornish amber Ale and hope no one notices :cheers3:
DSC_0087.JPG

A raw wheat beer at 13 days old. Its not bad and has some nice flavours but only 4% due to low efficiency ( too many adjuncts). I under pitched and after 2 days it had finished fermenting and was a banana bomb. Tasted amazing and i thought about kegging it then. I procrastinated and left it a week and a lot of the flavour had faded. Quite strong banana taste, touch of sweetness and slightly sour. Smells of bread and wheat. No yeast its dropped. Pretty happy with this.
DSC_0121.JPG

First taste of POTUS-45, my first attempt at a Grisette, from a few days ago.

IMG_20180827_142741.jpg

The orange colour came out perfectly, flavour is lovely, light and refreshing. Almost like a GOOD lager, almost.

Second time around on the POTUS-45 (a nice shade of orange, just like it's namesake...lol). Tastes much better this time around too. athumb..

Pint1.jpg

This has to be one of the nicest Coopers Lager brews that I have ever made!

IMG_0846.jpg

19th July started Coopers Lager Kit plus 900 grams of Golden Syrup. Fermented at 21*C
26th July dropped fridge to 10*C and Dry Hopped with 40gm Citra Leaf in a bag.
4th August transferred brew to Wilco Keg with 64g of Brewing Sugar.
8th August discovered WK leaking (damage to top lip) so transferred to KK to carbonate at ambient temperature.

First taste (about a week ago) the Citra was harsh & the brew still a bit cloudy ...

... but today ..... athumb.. athumb.. athumb.. ... superb!

I brewed it for a couple of friends who are visiting in another three weeks; so here's hoping it lasts that long! :laugh8:

Will have to have an English Ale or too, tastes really nice now after around 6 weeks in the bottles. Maybe sample a bad cat too..
Can't have a thick head tomorrow though so not too much. He says.

Belgian Wit (Librarian's Wit). Brewed on the 21st of last month, bottled on the 5th of this month, so incredibly fresh. Also incredibly delicious! Hardly any bitterness, tons of flavour, silky smooth mouth feel. My second attempt at a wit (my first turned into a German wheat ... doh!) and first attempt at any sort of stepped mashing. Very happy indeed.

A nice 5% ABV approx.

This one will be staying in my recipe folder for future brewing.

IMG_20180911_200353.jpg

Spent the evening installing lines/ manifold and the only beer in a keg was a Saison that ive never really fancied. Anyway had a brain fart as was struggling to fit the beer out to the post and in my madness stuck on a fitting not connected to a tap with tge result that the highly pressurised keg fired out about a gallon. The blinds in the background are drenched in what is a hughly aromatic brew as am I. On the plus side i actually quite like it now. On the minus divorce could be imminent.
20180919_232555.jpg

Spent the evening installing lines/ manifold and the only beer in a keg was a Saison that ive never really fancied. Anyway had a brain fart as was struggling to fit the beer out to the post and in my madness stuck on a fitting not connected to a tap with tge result that the highly pressurised keg fired out about a gallon. The blinds in the background are drenched in what is a hughly aromatic brew as am I. On the plus side i actually quite like it now. On the minus divorce could be imminent. View attachment 15636

When i started kegging i had it all over the ceiling, in my face and out the door. :)

Latest posts

Back