Show us your beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an adapted clone of Brooklyn Brewery's 1/2 Ale from Jennifer Talley's Session Beers book.

sounds like a book that I would be interested in. Any good? I've downloaded the kindle sample but not sure about it from what I've seen. The sample doesn't really get past the introductions.

sounds like a book that I would be interested in. Any good? I've downloaded the kindle sample but not sure about it from what I've seen. The sample doesn't really get past the introductions.
I haven't seen the whole book, the recipe just popped up on my Google search! Each beer has the full scale brewery recipe & a tweaked homebrew one (which was pretty different for the 1/2 ale clone).

Our first ever AG brew.
Maris otter with EKG and challenger. Came out at 5.2%
Tastes great! Very happy. Hoping it gets better over the next few weeks.

Attachments

• 0FC5FEE7-5AB6-4FF0-B39A-D06B61DB2136.jpeg
    0FC5FEE7-5AB6-4FF0-B39A-D06B61DB2136.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 183
Quadrupel 10.05.18.jpg

This is one of two Quadrupel versions that I bottled around two months ago. The flavor is already quite good and with a big bang at 10% ABV. The other Quad batch looks the same and carbed the same but is 10.5%.
Looking forward to trying again in another couple months.

This is one of two Quadrupel versions that I bottled around two months ago. The flavor is already quite good and with a big bang at 10% ABV. The other Quad batch looks the same and carbed the same but is 10.5%.

With ABV's in the 10% range they should easily keep for a year, so remember to save a few for Halloween next year!

View attachment 15974
I'm amazed you can still post drinking pints of that. Care to share the recipe?

That sounds tasty - what’s the recipe ?

Fermentables are 3.2 kg Maris Otter, 300g Munich, 200g Carapils, 200g oats and 100g of wheat.
Hops are Centennial(8.6). Mosaic(11.5) and Lemondrop(5.7)
They are added 10g cent @ 60mins, 10g each of cent and mosaic @ 20mins, 10g of all 3 hops at flameout and another 10g each of all 3 for 4 days dry hop.
Yeast US 05
I added 2 50ml bottles of still spirits mango essence when bottling/kegging. If I were making it again I'd probably reduce the amount of mango essence.

Fermentables are 3.2 kg Maris Otter, 300g Munich, 200g Carapils, 200g oats and 100g of wheat.
Hops are Centennial(8.6). Mosaic(11.5) and Lemondrop(5.7)
They are added 10g cent @ 60mins, 10g each of cent and mosaic @ 20mins, 10g of all 3 hops at flameout and another 10g each of all 3 for 4 days dry hop.
Yeast US 05
I added 2 50ml bottles of still spirits mango essence when bottling/kegging. If I were making it again I'd probably reduce the amount of mango essence.

Nice ! Thanks, I've not tried essences in brews yet. Where do you source them ?

Latest posts

Back