Show us your beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
70CA379D-1295-499D-B148-912D26BD2800.jpeg
Dopplebock and duvel(ish). These were kegged but photos are from the couple of extra bottles I did.

Duvel is slightly too dark and has a bit of a chill haze. Head retention is excellent.

Both based on graham wheeler recipes.

A Golden bitter still young 2 weeks in the bottle, and the nectar of the Gods an English bitter using Pilgrim as the bittering hops. Makes me wonder what the poor people are doing. Can life get any better.
Golden Bitter.
007.JPG
English Bitter.
009.JPG

:laugh8: At least you're honest. That's probably a good way to use galaxy, when I made a galaxy pale ale it seemed way more bitter than the 30-something IBUs would suggest, turns out it's quite a harsh bittering hop. I made a NEIPA-ish thing as one of my stove top test batches, it got equal amounts of galaxy, cascade and amarillo at 20, 15, 10, 5 and 0 min without a proper "bittering" addition, calcuated at 60 IBUs but was super smooth and tasty, but then it did finish at 1.020 (only 4% I think) so maybe that balanced it out.

my galaxy is 16% aa and it is harsh for bittering, best to use it as a late boil/flame out/dry hop and use something cheaper for bittering. athumb..

View attachment 18417 American pale...Maris otter,wheat,oats and maize with falconers flight. Very tasty!
FF is such a great hop. Slightly cheaper than the big American hops and just as tasty - works great as a “single hop” (even though it’s actually 7 hops). I’ve got 225g sitting waiting for my next APA.

Latest posts

Back