Show us your brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barneey said:
Here`s mine finally completed today :D

IMG_8795.jpg

WOWsers :cheers: :cheers:

barneey said:
Here`s mine finally completed today :D

IMG_8795.jpg

Well that's shown us all how it should be done. Good work Barneey, that is seriously impressive, worth all the effort.

I just wish I hadn't seen it though, I feel my credit card may suffer.

this is my brewery (kitchen) and bar area(my bedroom).

brewery -I've got a 30L SS boiler as in the pic but only used it once, I just the the plastic bucket as a HLT and boiler.

bar -

prized bar possession - signed bar mat from none other than SUBO -

Cheers for the comments, its taken over a couple of years with numerous builds to get this far - not going any further now - thats enough.

I doesnt have to be expensive though, the pots are just standard Bergland ones - with the exception of the boiler but I had the timber for that anyway. Triclovers are elcheapo HK / China purchases, 3 way tri ballvalves £50 each,stainless tables were £50 each, stainless freezer £6.50 (just required a switch to be reconnected to work), stainless wall unit £20, stainless hospital sink £40 (heavy duty) Maxi cooler £40, Willis conical £500, the most expensive part has to be the control panel both in terms of parts and time spent to make the thing.

Still miss my Coleman MT sometimes tho :) but after the first couple of brews I was thrown out the kitchen, so the Mrs is the one to blame for the resulting madness of it all.

Will the set up make better beer???? might do (but debatable) does it / will it make a brew day easier :mrgreen: YEP.

Cheers

I bet you can't put a price on the satisfaction of brewing in there. The time spent on it is obvious and something to be very proud of

Very impressive Barneey.
Not the kind of setup you can squeeze in the cupboard under the stairs....
Well done mate :clap:

Wow, that's some set-up...

I started with some pots like this:

IMAG0034.jpg

Now brew with this kit ( although this is not it's current home as we are about to move house )

Brewery1.jpg

Just finished my BIAB set up,nothing to compete with barneey's set up!

Test run today and 8Kw gas burner went from 20C to 85C in 36 minutes and then a slight technical problem. Ran out of gas in the cylinder... :clap:
Then ran the hot water through my contraflow chiller (behind the red panel, made according to the how to on the forum) which chilled the 85deg down to 23C as it went into the bucket.

must_dash, very tidy tower, and Very good performance by the sounds of it too, how tall are you tho? How do u get your bag out pre boil? :)

Hawks said:
Wow, that's some set-up...

I started with some pots like this:

IMAG0034.jpg

Now brew with this kit ( although this is not it's current home as we are about to move house )

Brewery1.jpg

I often thought of foaming my plastic bucket before I got my IGLOO, was it easy?

Fil:
The performance was good, I could get a bit more heat out by increasing the gas pressure till the flame base leaves the burner. The stand gets a bit hot, I measured that at 238C, no wonder the hammerite paint was smelling......
The stand is a bit taller than I would have liked, the pot lip is at 4'11" 1.45m. However the stand was cheap at the junk shop at €5 and I haven't felt like shortening the legs as they have feet on. Plan is to place some concrete block as a walkway when brewing or working out a hook arrangement.

Latest posts

Back