Show us your brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runwell-Steve

Landlord.
Reaction score
Mine all started here with a 30 litre HLT, and Boiler, with cool box mash tun all wrapped up mid brew. This was during my first ever All Grain Brew, GWs Exmoor Gold.

wrapped.jpg

After a few updates we got to here.

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0467.jpg

So come on, let's see your set up. Don't be shy.

Love it :thumb:

Is there a boy scout's brewing badge on that rug somewhere? I never did that one!

The minute I steep some grains again, I will share, but it may only be a spoon or something that's shiny!

Before-original setup before I really got to know my kit

HPIM0507.jpg

After-lots of silver insulation,decent hop filter & a tap attachment fitted to wort chiller hose

HPIM0597.jpg

HPIM0599.jpg

HPIM0602.jpg

HPIM0604.jpg

Sorry if this offends any plumbers but it was the best I could do as a rank amateur!

Only a 27lt boiler,but can squeeze in 30lt if careful-rest of wort goes on stove till it will fit.

My ag brewing started with a totally botched biab in a 5gallon to the brim ally burco with an element which consists of copper plates bolted to the pot underside.. And while i botched it completely the beer forgave my errors and turned out better than any kit i had brewed :)

I then invested in this coldbox tun
7936441002_0aa51516ab_z.jpg

a viking brand coleman modded coldbox supplied with braid filter grain bag and laser cut perspex FB.

the 66l PP bucket hlt in the background was a later development.

i then cobbled this mango barrel beauty up from kettle elements and the surplus copper pipe n fittings in the shed ;) and a few £shop food boxes as element shrouds

7936443660_f7d120ca36_z.jpg

wasnt long before i set my sights on a bigger brewlength and i gave away the first hlt i built a retired 4" neck wine fermentor with kettle element heating and plastic tap and built the one in the background of the tun pic. but before i built the 66l boiler i decided to go shiny and 98/100l pots.. and started the shiny upgrade im still in..

the tun....
8418637096_d3fc007f8f_z.jpg
80l so i can play with full volume mashing and recirculating ala rims or herms..

the perspex FB in my viking tun gets 10/10 from me so i have made a perspex fb for my shiny tun too..
thanks to support from barneey i got the tap feed inside the bottom void and thru the side ;)

This was my plan for both new HLT and boiler, supporting pumped recirculation for maintaining consistent heat in hlt and hopefully making a whirlpool for post boil chilling in the boiler, Hop spider to save on needing a hop filter..
8425562248_6846688375_z.jpg

But the stanton elements i bought into turned out to be less than successful for others and start to loose their silver (SS???) coating leaving a black surface visible???

threw me a bit of a curve ball as our amarican cousins may say that did..

So im now considering a different boiler pot with a raised bottom and bottom fed elements
7906863094_8e8461d40b_z.jpg

ebay and too many good beers sometimes comes up trumps ;) not always tho...

or investing in MrLards 3kw elements which should fit in my existing holes??? in the original pots...

As soon as i started tasting the quality of ag brews, and stopped trying to tell pals my beer was as good as pub beer and started telling them they needed to go a long way to find a pint close to the quality i had with GREAT PRIDE ;) i started thinking about serving and turned this w/machine home ex coalshed into me cellar..

6299052266_89d4848fc3_z.jpg

After laying a flat floor so kegs could stand next to the w/machine..
Cheers Itch ;)

not much room for insulation so i built a custom composite from space blankets and bubblewrap behind a 3mm marine ply skin taking a total of 22mm of width up with both sides 11mm each side.
the 8mm battons were a b*gg*r to secure without snapping over the odd rough brick :(

But did get it insulated all round with room for the w/machine not to knock the kegs (on the 2nd washing machine with no keg disturbance probs) phew!

6526322961_18314821d3_z.jpg

and the other side of the left side wall is this :)
6654402719_157187849d_z.jpg

Somewhere along the line i started reading about controllers and started with this ugly box with redundand ssrs for pid control and a tattoo psu pump controller :)

7012183013_96c916ba71_z.jpg

but then found the arduino and found loads of totally free code to copy to do almost anything and have recently started considering expanding my at one time finalised brewputer design yet again to incorporate liquid measurement..

so the work in progress continues..

The brewshed may get started soon too.. how long have i been saying that now???

i have to admit i have had just as much fun with playing and tinkering with brewkit as i have had with making the beer and drinking it.. win win win win !!!

And while my beer wont win medals im proud as punch serving up a pint thats worthy of sharing :)

P D's evolution
Kit fermenting....

Then onto a tea urn boiler and coolbox mash tun on my first All Grain experience

I then decided I enjoyed all grain brewing and the results so much I had to upgrade.

100 litre stainless pots make brewing a pleasurable experience

which inevitably grew into acquiring corny's and building a bar !

Its been fun !.

Good thread Steve, nice to see others set ups.
Heres my humble operation, The Bletherskite Brewery

Set up in a corner of my kitchen which needs painted again thanks to splashing, got the paint but can't be arsed :lol:
coolbox lid is filled with expanding foam and sealed with tin foil and it's wrapped in camping roll mat cover.

grain filter and now defunct sparge arm. hop filter is made the same.

Not as glamorous as some but it does the job and suits me fine for now.

Anyone else named their set up?

My 3 tier gravity system.

The two fridges are: temperature controlled fermentation fridge (top one) and corny house for serving beer (bottom one).

I love that..... :D

you going to show us your brewery in December/january ?

:tongue: :tongue:

there looks like much to much messin about here.... :eek:

brace yourselves my streamlined BIAB system.. :D

you may spot a theme ... :whistle:

mash tun ... :whistle:

boiler .. :whistle:

chiller ... :whistle:

its a well utilised pot that cost me £32.... :party:

Back