Show us your cat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-20201209-WA0001.jpg

Ted...or Mr pancake as I call him as his face is flat! A pedigree something...lives mostly outside on the garage roof...

IMG-20201209-WA0000.jpg

They look like real partners in crime :^)

"So, you has da money? No? Let me introduce you to my associate..."

do your cats have more than one name?
Actually all cats have 3 names;

The Naming of Cats
T. S. Eliot - 1888-1965

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn’t just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I’m as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there’s the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo, or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey—
All of them sensible everyday names.

There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter—
But all of them sensible everyday names,
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that’s particular,
A name that’s peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum—
Names that never belong to more than one cat.

But above and beyond there’s still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover—
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular name.

This is ours. Was living in the hedges facing our house when we bought it. She's called Stray. I took her to the vets to get her checked and they asked for a name, at the time she hadn't been named so the receptionist put her down as stray and it stuck. Unfortunately she now has a tumour in her nose that can't be treated so I'm not sure how much longer we'll have her.:(
IMG_0372.JPG

This is ours. Was living in the hedges facing our house when we bought it. She's called Stray. I took her to the vets to get her checked and they asked for a name, at the time she hadn't been named so the receptionist put her down as stray and it stuck. Unfortunately she now has a tumour in her nose that can't be treated so I'm not sure how much longer we'll have her.:(View attachment 37272

Sorry to hear that. We lost one of our cats to a mouth tumour in January. She had had it for a while, there wasn’t any treatment that could really be done, and she deteriorated rapidly.

This is ours. Was living in the hedges facing our house when we bought it. She's called Stray. I took her to the vets to get her checked and they asked for a name, at the time she hadn't been named so the receptionist put her down as stray and it stuck. Unfortunately she now has a tumour in her nose that can't be treated so I'm not sure how much longer we'll have her.:(
That’s very sad. She looks very like Alfie, probably my favourite of the many cats who have chosen to put with me over the years and is still very much missed.

Thank you both. She has had 7 good years living with us after being dumped by her previous owner. Vet reckons she is about 12-13. Unfortunately I live on a dark country Road just outside the City and it is a popular place for unwanted pets to be dumped. Several neighbours have similar pets.

so whatever bones I put in the compost I make sure there is plenty of meat on them.
You rebel!
No such laws here. There is a four-cat limit in Detroit (USA) to keep them indoors, not that it can effectively be enforced.
We have a family of ferals (Xerox-male, Butterscotch-female, Fireball-too young to tell and Butterball-too young to tell) plus two adult males (Midnight and Gul DuCat). Our trap-neuter-release programs aren't the best, even in the surrounding counties, since no one wants to fund a profitless venture.
I buy food specifically for the ferals (we call them the OOD) and we shelter them in the winter. They get knocked off, sadly, on occasion so the numbers stay down. Butterscotch is preggers again so that might force us to take her kittens to the Humane Society (stellar organization here for animals).
I think your feral cats are different than ours. If I see one half the size you mentioned, it would be normal.

Spider and Sparky...or Pig and Butter...do your cats have more than one name?
We have four: Crunch, Dashel, Hogarth and Moose.
They get tons of alterations of their proper name. A lot of it is just Crunchy, Dashy, Hogey and Moosey type of stuff. We do something weird though in that we say the cats want to be called such and such for the day (and we do it). For example, with Dashel, we'll announce that, "Dashel would like to be called, 'Dashel Stormageddon Dark Lord of All' for the next twenty-four hours."
Reminds me of an anecdote. We took in a 15-year-old some years back. Good kid. Bad situation. She had it in her belief system that, if she talked to herself, it meant she was crazy. I said, "Listen, everybody does that. As long as you know you're talking to yourself, it's all good." I made her day.

D74A6554-245A-49F9-AF65-0DB631C67302.jpeg
B1E00360-6245-4317-9B8D-EB29BB6563DE.jpeg
EB2587BA-6792-4C83-93DC-F0A2A4EC18AF.jpeg
0929A0CC-1B3F-439B-980A-AB4351A28DC3.jpeg
0929A0CC-1B3F-439B-980A-AB4351A28DC3.jpeg
2218A0B5-38BE-4C72-B107-10CBFABF512B.jpeg
495E04A8-17A9-4C47-9E8D-AA5A0D7D9BD7.jpeg

Jimmy ( black and white) aka Lord Jimmy. Jimmy the Barst*rd, fluff, little lad etc

and Flo aka the white one, flo wai titi, ghost killer ( likes to present “gifts” on the “death mat”, the princess

both rescue cats

Attachments

• AF46BF8C-2C97-4062-B4CC-A9535496C94D.jpeg
    AF46BF8C-2C97-4062-B4CC-A9535496C94D.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Back