Show us your cat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druss

Mead Magician
Reaction score
There's a 'show us your dog' thread but, here's one for us cat people, I did a quick search and couldn't find one of these so I hope it's not a pale imitation...

Here's my entry, her name is Lenore but she has a host of regularly changing nicknames, my personal favourite is 'Dr Pavel Lenorski PhD'.
thumbnail (36).jpeg
IMG_20190915_073642.jpg
220520 (14).jpg

Rah! Great to see a cat thread. I find that dog owners that say cats are a waste of time and "do nothing" are genuinely a bit thick. Honestly, I think it's their dogs that upload the photos because I think they'd struggle.

As well as three terriers we have five cats...
A grey tabby called Sparky..his other names are Butter,butterball,lord butterton the 1st.
A Birman called Dex,the thickest cat in the world,
A massive rag doll X tabby called Spider..his other name is Piggy,
A cameo Persian called Ted...his other names due to his flat face...Mr Pancake,Panny for short or Mr Pancaster..
A white stray the wife found as a tiny kitten and brought home...his name is Zebedee as he was found on a roundabout...his other name is DooDa the Cat..

We have two 11 year olds (brother and sister), this is Loki looking fairly unimpressed with his hat 😆

View attachment 28689

His sister Cleo who’s normally out And about doesn’t pose for photographs, however we do have evidence that she’s around.......

View attachment 28690
last night‘s catch
Ours had never brought in anything more sinister than an old shopping receipt Until about a fortnight ago - we’ve had 4 mice in 2 weeks now! Discovered he’s a mouser at the age of 11!

Ours had never brought in anything more sinister than an old shopping receipt Until about a fortnight ago - we’ve had 4 mice in 2 weeks now! Discovered he’s a mouser at the age of 11!

Call it a mid-life crisis 😆 Hope he doesn’t get a taste for it. Cleo has brought it frogs, fish, mice, voles, rats, birds and rabbits. Her record is 18 “presents” in one day - 21 over the whole weekend!

Call it a mid-life crisis 😆 Hope he doesn’t get a taste for it. Cleo has brought it frogs, fish, mice, voles, rats, birds and rabbits. Her record is 18 “presents” in one day - 21 over the whole weekend!
I think our cat door would get locked before he got a chance to bring in that many in a single day! My wife freaks out if whatever he brings in isn’t already dead.

Back when I was a teenager, my parents got a rescue cat who LOVED a rat. The first time he brought one in my dad was eating his breakfast and was interrupted by a squelching/munching sound, lookedbehind the sofa and there was Joey eating a massive rat. My dad threw it out and the cat went in the huff and wouldn’t go near my dad for days!

We took on an ex-rescue cat from friends of ours who couldn't ... well, long story. Upshot is, we didn't know how old she was when we got her (believed at least 7). And she hung out with us for a good ten years. Eventually had to have her put to sleep after she had a stroke.

We have an obscure-glazed back door and here she is outside, waiting to be let in.

pippa-20180407_083340.jpg

Back