Show us your cat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A67030F9-E95A-433A-9FA3-B89D5CF6C639.jpeg

Moy

Ive always been obsessed with cats! Have 2 crazy monsters.

Mackie - Lazy, always hungry and loves attention and meowing
1593885813221.png
1593885912747.png

And Kiwi - obsessed with strokes and killing anything smaller than her
1593886018370.png

They pretend to hate each other but then willingly spend a huge amount of time together! They both come for walks with us, have gone a good 5 mile walk with them following the whole way (we live out in the countryside).

How to wash a Cat

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/4 cup of pet shampoo to the water bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement put the cat in the toilet and close the lid. (you may need to stand on the lid)
4. At this point, the cat will self agitate and make a lot of suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet 3 or 4 times. This provides a Power-Wash and Rinse.
6. Have someone open the front or back or even all the doors of your home. Be sure there are no people between the bathroom and the doors.
7. Stand well back behind the toilet as far as you can and quickly lift the lid.
8. The cat will rocket out the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.
9 Both the cat and the toilet will be sparkling clean.

Yours sincerely,
The Dog.

Having tried to wash a cat in the bath once I thought it was quite funny.

However, seeing as it appears to have annoyed you I will give the dog a good ticking off and tell her to go sit in the corner.

I don't find that particularly funny in a thread for cat lovers.

We have a cat and if i thought it was posted without his tongue being placed firmly in his cheek i would have deleted it.

Having tried to wash a cat in the bath once I thought it was quite funny.

I once tried to dry our cat with a towel when it had been out in the rain, i will not be doing that again.

This is Pye, a 12 year old semi-longhair, we think she may be at least part Norwegian forest cat.

DSCN0498.JPG

She too is finding this weather too hot and just flops herself down in any cool spot. She is very independent and hates being picked up, so I ensure I pick her up at least once a day to give her a cuddle. She has also recently developed a penchant for having her belly scratched, but only only after going through a routine of rubbing both sides of her head against by hand, then walking between my legs so I can scratch her, if I get it right and am wearing shorts, she will then lick the back of my calf.

P9140047.JPG

We adopted two sisters from a litter of kittens 2 years ago, my wife chose Myla and I picked Phoebe
cats0.JPG

Myla is the slightly neurotic and nervous one, skinny and very picky about food and sleeping places. Phoebe is the laid-back lazy furry fat black slug who will eat absolutely anything and is so chilled that you can wear her draped across your head like a hat. (No personality similarities to either of us in any way whatsoever then... ;) )
cats1.JPG

Myla sits on my wife's keyboard when she's working and miaows loudly in the background when she's on teams/skype calls. Phoebe follows me around the garden when I'm working outside and watches what I'm doing like a supervisor. Phoebe always wants to play, but usually gets a swipe across the nose from Myla for being impertinent.
cats2.JPG

My wife (who wasn't a cat person before she met me) dotes on them and our house is gradually being filled with black cat related pictures and knick-knacks, sometimes life imitates art...
Life Imitates Art.JPG

@Moonraker - beautiful cats! My wife wasnt a cat person either but is now possibly more obsessed with our two than me. We use the stove trick if we need a night of peace - its almost like they have been sedated when we light it

- beautiful cats! My wife wasnt a cat person either but is now possibly more obsessed with our two than me. We use the stove trick if we need a night of peace - its almost like they have been sedated when we light it

Thanks, but not so beautiful at 04:30 scratching carpet and causing a rucus wanting to be let out, or being woken by the tinny, echo-ey crunch-crunch-crunch sound of Phoebe eating a mouse she's brought in, in the bathtub. (Seriously, but at least easy to hose down afterwards, the tub that is, not the cat - although the thought is tempting.)

When my step-daughter first came round and heard her going all goo-goo-googy with the kittens she turned to me and exclaimed "Where is my Mum, what have you done with her??!!" (She'd wanted a cat for years but always been turned down on the grounds that cats were nasty, messy, horrid creatures)

In the Summer months they sit on the hearth and glare at me, like they're demanding for the stove to be put on, or wander into the fireplace and around the back of it looking for the warmth.

We have a feral cat living somewhere in our back yard, I presume it is a he because of its size. I had caught glimpses of nothing more than a shadow, but now there are no dogs on the property he has become more game. What I thought was a possum knocking over the 30 litre pots I now believe it is the cat. I had a large rat with hind legs as big as my sister in law's, which would root through my compost, now disappeared. Thanks to the cat. It is illegal to feed feral cats in Australia but I want to keep him onside, so whatever bones I put in the compost I make sure there is plenty of meat on them.
I checked up on feral cats in Australia there are estimated to be 2,000,000. When I was working in the desert a guy who actually lived out there told me the cats would take down foxes, I didn't believe him just thought it was a Furphy. However looking up feral cats the largest one shot by a hunter was 34 Kg and 1.5 meters long!
I will try to photograph our feral, I love the way he walks across the lawn, belly almost touching the floor, his fur is so clean and he looks so alert, really admire him, changed my mind about cats.

Back