Show us your dog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After years of badgering, I've finally given in. A deal was struck and this week Luna arrived.
IMG-20200619-WA0006.jpg

The deal was a dog for the kids and four hens for me :)

20200616_090101.jpg

Everyones a winner. And 11 eggs already.

Niall

Always has, always gets loads of attention when she's out an about

Woody, the white one, with his sister Jessie.
... Yes, the grand daughters did name them 😄

Attachments

• 20180623_134120.jpg
    20180623_134120.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20180630_175726.jpg
    20180630_175726.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 109
We had to put down our adopted little Jack Russel on Thursday he was 16 years old we found out. Its not easy having to play God, would be far easier if they could die in their sleep.
I am glad that by living here for a couple of years he managed to kill 2 rats (thanks to the spent grain, and rat bait made them slower) its what he was bred to do. He was suffering with his back legs, used to bunny hop running around, but their was other ailments he had,so eventually we had to call time and he is sadly missed.
1593848168802.png

Sorry to hear that mate, such a difficult decision to make 😢
He's in peace now.

Sorry for your loss. we too have said goodbye to many. They just don’t live long enough.
This is Thula, my Husky. we said goodbye to her parents several years ago.

Attachments

• 3A191343-AC9F-4E96-A8D1-0D2E27CB9AA8.jpeg
    3A191343-AC9F-4E96-A8D1-0D2E27CB9AA8.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 109
Keeping pets, even though we know the probability is we will out live them when it comes time for them to go it is the saddest time. A snake or tic would be far more acceptable than having to make the decision ones self. Could I have given him a bit more time, but I know he was suffering so the right choice was made. Still bloody hard but.

What is the story with the price of buying a dog since lockdown. I have three dogs so I am not really looking to buy but I enjoy looking.

What is the story with the price of buying a dog since lockdown. I have three dogs so I am not really looking to buy but I enjoy looking.

I was amazed when I heard about this.
My son has buckled under pressure from the granddaughters and has started looking for a dog.
I was shocked when he said there were waiting lists that you could only get on if you provided a deposit and the cost of a dog was an average of £1600 😲
That is for a cavapoo / cockapoo type mutt.

Madness.

It's almost as if most of the puppies are born abroad and suppliers are unable to ship them over because of some travel restriction or something, surely not? 🙄

I was amazed when I heard about this.
My son has buckled under pressure from the granddaughters and has started looking for a dog.
I was shocked when he said there were waiting lists that you could only get on if you provided a deposit and the cost of a dog was an average of £1600 😲
That is for a cavapoo / cockapoo type mutt.

Madness.

It's almost as if most of the puppies are born abroad and suppliers are unable to ship them over because of some travel restriction or something, surely not? 🙄

MENTAL!!

Especially as there are so many unwanted dogs out there. It’s seems crazy to spend that amount of money on what was once considered a mutt. My wife is a Dog Behaviourist and people buy these type of dogs because they’re cute, then they realise they can be really difficult breeds. Anyway it keeps her busy 😉

Latest posts

Back