Show us your glass

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1985 I went to a pub in Epping for UK launch of Fosters in the UK. The touring Australian cricket team were there as part of the launch, **** beer great night.

IMG_20200715_211650_727[1].jpg

I'm drinking from my Maredsous glass ATM, I have a few other glasses but they're pulled out less often. I had a great goblet that held 500ml but it broke, can't remember the name but no doubt i'll be picking a couple up soon to replace the casualties of war. ;)

View attachment 29342

I'm drinking from my Maredsous glass ATM, I have a few other glasses but they're pulled out less often. I had a great goblet that held 500ml but it broke, can't remember the name but no doubt i'll be picking a couple up soon to replace the casualties of war. ;)
Great selection there, must have taken a while to collect them

This is something my wife doesnt get, the need for a multitude of drinking vessels. I just tell her they are my handbags!!!

A couple of pictures showing a selection of my favourites all of which get drunk out of regularly...

In the first pic we have from L-R...

1: A Charrington pint glass, possibly dates from the 70's, used for bitters and brown ales
2: A 0.5L tankard from Dartington, this is their "Torrington" style glass. Very heavy bottomed with a rolled lip...used for strong dark ales
3: A tall, extremely thin glass that originated from Norway, possibly even older than the Charrington glass as I dont ever remember my dad going to Norway. Holds about 0.7L. nice to drink Pilsners, Baltic Porters from. Thin glass means the beer can warm up quickly
4: A 330mL extended tulip...nothing special about this one, came from John Lewis. Nice to for strong continental beers like Dopplebocks
5: A 330mL stemmed beer glass, works well for bog standard lagers in 330mL bottles (I just dont get 0.4L glasses....they dont hold a half litre bottle and a 330ml beer just gets "lost" in them....so a handy selection of simple 330mL glasses is a must)

In the 2nd pic

1: A straight sided 0.5L tall tankard...heavy and solid, I like drinking Dormunders from this glass
2: A 0.5L Stout glass made by Spiegelau. Extremely light and thin, I drink pretty much anything from this glass but being thin the beer does tend to warm quickly
3: A 0.5L straight glass that originated from Austria. I'll drink continental amber beers like Alt's and Viennas from this one
4: A 0.5L heavy tankard that actually came from TK Maxx....sometimes used in place of the Torrington tankard above.
5: Finally, my only Belgian glass...so everything Belgian gets drank from this...a 330mL Westvleteren chalice

glass1.jpg

glass2.jpg

Last edited:
Back