Show us your glass

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1270.JPG

My favourite glass these days is this one from Belhaven Brewery. It is a ‘sleever’, but taller and narrower than others. I like it so much, than when I managed to break the one my grandson brought back for me by opening the beerstore lid when it was on it (and full of beer!), I sent away for two more from the brewery shop.

I do like the “Show us your...” series of posts.

(Like an earlier poster) We picked up a couple of Camden Brewery “Jack” glasses whilst in a pub in that there fancy London tahn. We asked the publican and he asked us to make a charitable donation in the pot on the bar, so all above board. He thanked us for asking.

They are pint volume, but more like a tumbler shape than a pint glass. They are perfect for pouring large gin and tonics on ice. And incidentally this gin from Netherlands is stunning.

7AD21973-DC99-4250-989C-8DF0C9D2240E.jpeg

I’ve been admiring these stout glasses for a while now and I found a reasonably priced four pack. Again, similar to an earlier poster, they are the Speigelau Stout glass. I’m glad I bought four as they seem super thin so I don’t expect them to last very long. They turned up last night just as I was finishing work so I decided to christen one with one of my stock of stouts.

029DDEED-E68E-4203-864A-2B89D538AF7A.jpeg

My favourite glass is just a cheap pint glass. Works perfectly with 500ml bottles. Bought a pack of 4 glasses. Wish I’d bought another 4.

Attachments

• DD760415-80DE-43A5-9733-720FB120F0B9.jpeg
    DD760415-80DE-43A5-9733-720FB120F0B9.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 45
  • A265B610-1F86-4242-B740-E7E62EB1123E.jpeg
    A265B610-1F86-4242-B740-E7E62EB1123E.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 46
One of my favourites
Currently full of MJ Juicy
Holds well over a pint so plenty of headspace. 😁😁
Slightly nucleated in the base.
IMG_20210414_144251.jpg

Bought this one whilst on holiday in Germany a few years ago - and I guard it with my life . . . . . . . I wish that I had bought a few more.
It's the perfect glass for a Weizen, whether it be one of my own or something bought.

IMG_2495.JPG

PS - Sainsbury's are selling a nice one at the moment called "Schneider Weisse". It's £2.00 a bottle, and very good.

One of my favourites
Currently full of MJ Juicy
Holds well over a pint so plenty of headspace. 😁😁
Slightly nucleated in the base.
View attachment 45163
How are you enjoying the Mangrove Jacks Juicy? I have it in my FV, will be bottling it this weekend. The Pink Grapefruit IPA is amazing so looking forward to this.

Das boot! This glass is a bit dangerous when you've had a few. Not only does it hold 1l of beer, but if you forget to drink it at the right angle an air pocket forms in the toe and shoots beer in your face 😅
IMG_20210315_165554_622.jpg

My favourite is my Lowenbrau stein, thick, sturdy and holds 1l of beer. A nice workout for your drinking arm too.
IMG_20210405_211810_084.jpg

Das boot! This glass is a bit dangerous when you've had a few. Not only does it hold 1l of beer, but if you forget to drink it at the right angle an air pocket forms in the toe and shoots beer in your face 😅View attachment 45197
My favourite is my Lowenbrau stein, thick, sturdy and holds 1l of beer. A nice workout for your drinking arm too.View attachment 45198

I really like your boot. My father-in-law had one many years ago, and it was as difficult to drink out of as a "yard". Unfortunately I don't know where it went to when he died - I would very much have liked to have claimed it.
I believe that the Germans call it "einer/der Stiefel".

Latest posts

Back