Show us your glass

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banbeer

Banbeer Brewing
Reaction score
Hi guys so we've had show us your dog, show us your cat etc....etc I want to see what glass you folks drink out of. I'll kick off with my Dartington crystal 'Stout and Strong' a really nice glass but not cheap, really nice thin rim and a wide opening bowl giving a nice aroma whilst drinking and a balanced hold at the bottom.

Glass.jpg

Downside, I think it's too flimsy and I will probably break it whilst washing it or even worst the wife will 😬 oh well it was nice knowing her.

A few of my preferred styles:

C84D5FDE-EB0A-49DF-91DD-9518972E786E.jpeg

First up the classic pint jug, it’s a bit generic but for a session beer I love it. It is a fairly heavy glass and it’s easier to hold after I’ve had a few.

.0484DDEB-FE19-4B7E-84E9-4F7F021034FB.jpeg
Next is a glass from Salt, it has a rather nice honey comb design. And best of all it holds a 440ml can with a little room to spare for a head.

B9F8A682-DBCD-48AE-93FD-C1AC48D18357.jpeg
Next is a stemmed beer glass I’m a fan of this style of,glass and the size is just right for a 330ml bottle.

4EAB17DC-573B-4521-9A39-73A954DB84AF.jpeg
Finally is this third of a pint glass obtained (via purchase) from a pub in the Oxford covered market. It is a simple straight glass, which holds a third of a pint plus head (has a marker for the third of a pint). The third I feel is an oft neglected measure, and is great when you want to sample multiple beers in one session.

A 25 cl glass from Hertog Jan
IMG_4188.JPG

A 25 cl glass from "Brugs Tarwebier"
IMG_4189.JPG

A beer glass from Ikea, from 2016. These are not sold anymore. This one can take about 40 cl.
IMG_4190.JPG

Another glass from Ikea, I like these with porter, stout, bitter. Also around 40 cl.
IMG_4191.JPG

I was in Vienna with friends in February and had a drink in a bar in one of these glasses. Ottakringer is a suburb of Vienna and where the brewery is. I liked the glass so much, I asked the waiter if I could buy one and before I knew it he was wrapping it up for me to take home. I particularly like the hole at the bottom, which I assume is to hang the glass up. I don't know but it's just a really nice, solid glass.

Attachments

• 20200715_170815.jpg
    20200715_170815.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 75
I was in Vienna with friends in February and had a drink in a bar in one of these glasses. Ottakringer is a suburb of Vienna and where the brewery is. I liked the glass so much, I asked the waiter if I could buy one and before I knew it he was wrapping it up for me to take home. I particularly like the hole at the bottom, which I assume is to hang the glass up. I don't know but it's just a really nice, solid glass.
A nice glass and a nice story behind it, thanks.

I was in Vienna with friends in February and had a drink in a bar in one of these glasses. Ottakringer is a suburb of Vienna and where the brewery is.

I like an Ottakringer, never thought to ask for a glass but I did bring back a fancy weizen glass from Vienna. Also that's a 750ml bottle not a 330.

Screenshot_20200715-183427_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
A few of my preferred styles:

View attachment 29300

First up the classic pint jug, it’s a bit generic but for a session beer I love it. It is a fairly heavy glass and it’s easier to hold after I’ve had a few.

.View attachment 29299
Next is a glass from Salt, it has a rather nice honey comb design. And best of all it holds a 440ml can with a little room to spare for a head.

View attachment 29296
Next is a stemmed beer glass I’m a fan of this style of,glass and the size is just right for a 330ml bottle.

View attachment 29301
Finally is this third of a pint glass obtained (via purchase) from a pub in the Oxford covered market. It is a simple straight glass, which holds a third of a pint plus head (has a marker for the third of a pint). The third I feel is an oft neglected measure, and is great when you want to sample multiple beers in one session.
Looks like you're set up for any beers, thanks for sharing, the tulip glass is my favourite.

Back