Show us your guitar(s)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilb

Reaction score
I've noticed alot of geetars in the background of peoples pictures and thought I would start this thread seeing as we've got a dog, cat and glass threads :laugh8: athumb..
(Delete if necessary admin..)
So as the title suggests, I'll kick it off with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard..

20200719_160257.jpg

Unfortunately this is the only guitar I've got at the moment, as you can see the stair gates in the background! Sadly I hardly get the chance to play it now as it sits opposite the fv gathering dust.
I used to be in a couple of bands so these are a pick of the best guitars I've owned over the years..

IMAG0118.jpg

FB_IMG_1595169432626.jpg

FB_IMG_1595169926260.jpg

The first one is a Kirk Hammet signature, K-202 if I recall correctly and then Schector Omen 7 string were amazing! But then they were replaced by the Line6 Variax which was all guitars in one!

I've never had anything particularly great or expensive, but these are the guitars I currently have (I can't be arsed going up to take photos so I've ripped these from Google :D)

Schecter Omen 6, a much better guitar than its price tag would suggest. Really nice guitar to play.
rPgATOM.jpg

A Dean Razorback which I bought when I was young, single, stupid, and a massive Pantera fan.
RthsEtt.jpg

And my most recent, an Ibanez RG8. Cheap and quite poorly built, but I really wanted an 8 string, and the neck is actually really great to play, and I've swapped the bridge pickup for a Dimarzio D Activator which makes a huge difference.
hWVL5DZ.jpg

Left to right:

Epiphone ES175
Fender 'Tube map' Stratocaster
Line 6 Variax 300
Aria acoustic
Ozark square neck resonator
Foreground shows a 'Fat Monkey' Telecaster currently under construction
'Fat Monkey' Jazz bass
Schecter Raiden bass
Epiphone G400 SG - considerably upgraded
Gibson Les Paul Studio
USA Standard Strat
'Fat Monkey' Telecaster with Dimarzio 'Twang King' pickups

Just wish there were more hours in the day.
guitars.jpg

I've never had anything particularly great or expensive, but these are the guitars I currently have (I can't be arsed going up to take photos so I've ripped these from Google :D)

Schecter Omen 6, a much better guitar than its price tag would suggest. Really nice guitar to play.
rPgATOM.jpg

A Dean Razorback which I bought when I was young, single, stupid, and a massive Pantera fan.
RthsEtt.jpg

And my most recent, an Ibanez RG8. Cheap and quite poorly built, but I really wanted an 8 string, and the neck is actually really great to play, and I've swapped the bridge pickup for a Dimarzio D Activator which makes a huge difference.
hWVL5DZ.jpg

Nice collection mate! I nearly went for the Stephen Carpenter 8 string but the neck was way too fat for me so went for the Omen 7 instead. We all like a razor back 😁athumb..
I had a Dean explorer bass at one point, that was awesome!

Left to right:

Epiphone ES175
Fender 'Tube map' Stratocaster
Line 6 Variax 300
Aria acoustic
Ozark square neck resonator
Foreground shows a 'Fat Monkey' Telecaster currently under construction
'Fat Monkey' Jazz bass
Schecter Raiden bass
Epiphone G400 SG - considerably upgraded
Gibson Les Paul Studio
USA Standard Strat
'Fat Monkey' Telecaster with Dimarzio 'Twang King' pickups

Just wish there were more hours in the day.
View attachment 29551
Very nice collection!
As @Clint says, you sure that's not a guitar shop :laugh8:athumb..
I've always fancied a Gibson Les Paul athumb..

My guitars are a Fender acoustic which my wife bought for me about 25 yrs ago when we were broke and childless wink... , the electric is a Yamaha strat copy I got in a trade at the back end of the eighties.
Also have a 90w Session amp but usually play through my mini marshall - good for busking back in the day !
IMG_20200719_201850504.jpg
IMG_20200521_201817920.jpg

My guitars are a Fender acoustic which my wife bought for me about 25 yrs ago when we were broke and childless wink... , the electric is a Yamaha strat copy I got in a trade at the back end of the eighties.
Also have a 90w Session amp but usually play through my mini marshall - good for busking back in the day !
View attachment 29573View attachment 29575
Nice mate, bet that Fender acoustic sounds good athumb..
What's them mini Marshalls like?
I've got an Orange Micro Terror which off the top of my head is 7W but it proper pumps my Marshall 12in single cab! I cant have it more than on the 2nd or 3rd notch on the volume or the neighbours will be banging on the door :laugh8::laugh8:

I use the mini amp to play along to my Spotify playlist - with lockdown it seems a long time since I had a buddy to jam with !
Nice mate, bet that Fender acoustic sounds good athumb..
What's them mini Marshalls like?
I've got an Orange Micro Terror which off the top of my head is 7W but it proper pumps my Marshall 12in single cab! I cant have it more than on the 2nd or 3rd notch on the volume or the neighbours will be banging on the door :laugh8::laugh8:

My wife used to play the saxophone with me on guitar but she has been restricted due to breathing difficulties over the last couple of years so we don't make sweet music together anymore ;)

That's cool, I like that!
When I first started gigging I had a Vox VT120+ awesome amp!
The good thing about the AC30 is you can plug it directly into your guitar and have headphones connected and external backing tracks through your phone/pc etc....

Latest posts

Back