Show us your pickles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
image.jpeg
3 jars of Piccalilli, also made apple chutney and pickled red cabbage.

I got into making piccallili. Absolutely fab it was/is.
Family & friends enjoyed it. And survived. All natural. Veg. Brown sugar. Beaut..
I also made a great chilli jam. 💪👍

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1601409914971.jpg
    FB_IMG_1601409914971.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 68
496E2E32-34B0-4C5B-8151-C509EBBDED88.jpeg

This is the remanants of Rhubarb chutney. I reckon there’s one cheese butty left. This was from two neighbours allotments and has lasted well.

Hmm, that does badly doesn’t it?
They are neighbours to my house and gave their rhubarb freely (although I did return a jar to each of them)
I doubt retirement will still exist by the time I get there, just something to read about in history books. :(

Hi we've started a new business in North Yorkshire called Joy's Kitchen and we have made all sorts of jams and chutneys - for instance Courgette Relish, Orchard Chutney, Spiced Plum Chutney, Damson Cheese, Damson Jam, Apple, Pear and Apricot Chutney. Just on with Mincemeat and Christmas puddings at the moment. Most of the fruit is either from our garden or allotment. Happy days. Our website is www,joyskitchen.co.uk.

Attachments

• main pic.jpg
    main pic.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 69
I made one large jar of courgette chutney earlier in the year which was nice. But my dad makes vast amounts of apple chutney so I tend to get quite a lot of that from him and it is very good.

I've pickled quite a few jars of aci sivri peppers this year, and a couple of gherkins but my crop was awful. I do have enough green tomatoes to make some green tomato chutney, might do a couple jars of that.

Not pickle but another preserve, I picked two kilos of wild blackberries at the weekend and combined with about 1.5kg of bramley apples put through my macerating juicer I made this preserve - it lacks the clarity of an overnight strained jelly, but my word is it flavourful. recommended.

PDTZOW8l.jpg

Garden relish done, onions arrived today, eggs and vinegar in garage. Hopefully will get some done over weekend - pics to follow...

Latest posts

Back