Show us your Pushbikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to cycle the same 45 mile route which I extend to 60 ish if I fancy, beautiful ride down the north coast, then turn inland up into the hilly bit around 4 lanes where you can see both coasts, I go at around 15mph and it's around 1000ft of climbing per 10 miles. I also only cycle by myself, I hate cycling with other people unless i'm doing a sportive and I can draft them round. :laugh8:

:laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

FB_IMG_1619987593178.jpg

Family ride didn't go as planned today. Whilst stopped for a the wife and daughter to catch up, we all decided to take a drink. Next minute the most loudest bang I have heard. My wife's tyre blew, not just the tub but the actual tyre. Leaving a 2 inch hole in it. Never seen anything in it.

Family ride didn't go as planned today. Whilst stopped for a the wife and daughter to catch up, we all decided to take a drink. Next minute the most loudest bang I have heard. My wife's tyre blew, not just the tub but the actual tyre. Leaving a 2 inch hole in it. Never seen anything in it.
A catastrophic blow out like that is often has a cause other than the usual thorn or nail through the tyre and can be a sharp bit of metal on the rim, a trapped tube from faulty installation, a hole in the tyre or tyre wall allowing the tube to push through. That kind of thing. I have had a couple recently myself and I eventually discovered a sharp piece of metal on the new rims.

The wife had the same -tyre had perished! (Not suggesting any of the above suffered from the same cause) Knew it was getting past it but we were only nipping to a pub so risked it

Last edited:
I have only just got home so haven't had a chance to have a look. I know the tyres were like new when I checked the bike over on Thursday. I saw a bit of glass around so could have been that

Winter Bike and winter clobber for today's ride. Kept it to 2 hours but the second hour was fairly miserable. Still, it could be worse.

IMG_20210503_103406730_HDR.jpg

Winter Bike and winter clobber for today's ride. Kept it to 2 hours but the second hour was fairly miserable. Still, it could be worse.
same here, got the first hour in the dry, the next hour and a half were just cold and wet, I don't mind weather like this in the winter but its a bit tedious in May. Where is the warm sunshine.

here is the warm sunshine.
Well, remaining optimistic for a moment, recent years it has seemed that we get a really nice May and then the rest of the summer deteriorates into perma-autumn. I am hopeful that this **** spring is a pre-cursor to a great summer. At least that's what I keep telling myself

Time you invested in a proper drinks bottle :laugh8:
I prefer the 'food' type drinks bottles as they don't seem to give that horrible plasticy taste so common with the 'sports' bottles. It also seems a little mad buying an empty plastic bottle when we throw vast quantities of them out every week.

I prefer the 'food' type drinks bottles as they don't seem to give that horrible plasticy taste so common with the 'sports' bottles. It also seems a little mad buying an empty plastic bottle when we throw vast quantities of them out every week.
I like to be able to take a swig whilst riding.

Only ever ride by myself, so I don't have to keep up or wait for others and I can make my route up as I go. Usually ride 4 days a week and todays ride is fairly typical 31.2 mile 2200 foot ascent., I never time myself but today I was probably out about 3 hours (so 10 mph inc stops). that is quite typical for me, a bit quicker in the winter and a bit slower in the summer.
I don't cycle for fitness or anything - just love travelling through the countryside and a bike is a fantastic way to do that.

Not much sun the day but it was still good to be up in the hills
xrd-1825.jpg
Is that a Giant Peloton? I have one the same colour that I rescued from the dump. Changed the cables and back wheel rim.

Wedding anniversary today so to celebrate??! . We've been out and done the longest distance for years 28.9 miles or 46.5 Km (sounds more), 1450 ft climbing, a third off road and two pub stops, 3 pints in total. (for me) - Luckily its a heated up curry tonight so not too much prep.and washing up!

Picked my bike up from its service and had another look at the BMC Teammachine, think I prefer the roadmachine. One had just been built and think it's my next bike (not this actual one).

Attachments

• IMG-20210507-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210507-WA0004.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20210507-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20210507-WA0002.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 46
Picked my bike up from its service and had another look at the BMC Teammachine, think I prefer the roadmachine. One had just been built and think it's my next bike (not this actual one).
Lovely looking bike, what kind of money are we talking. Is it di2, the brother got a new giant that looks similar. Nearly 5g 😢

Lovely looking bike, what kind of money are we talking. Is it di2, the brother got a new giant that looks similar. Nearly 5g 😢
Bikes are getting silly money now.

This as SRAM force e-tap so the equivalent to di2. This bikes costs £6500 but I can get £4000 via cycle to work, will save me 42% on that £4000. Makes it a bit more bearable.

I showed the wife and she said "how much does that cost, £10k?" I said "god no, a lot cheaper than that". She seemed happy with that response.

Bikes are getting silly money now.

This as SRAM force e-tap so the equivalent to di2. This bikes costs £6500 but I can get £4000 via cycle to work, will save me 42% on that £4000. Makes it a bit more bearable.

I showed the wife and she said "how much does that cost, £10k?" I said "god no, a lot cheaper than that". She seemed happy with that response.
My work runs cycle to work. It's no where near 42%. I wish it was 👍

Latest posts

Back