Show us your Pushbikes

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the decent on mamore gap on the windy side. That side is a harder climb. The boy in this clip has bigger ball's than me. That's a scary decent
What sort of speeds would he reach? What was the noise?

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
What sort of speeds would he reach? What was the noise?
Speed, not sure, the fastest I have been is around 60mph on the Buttertubs but I doubt it was anywhere near that fast, though no doubt it would feel very fast on a bike. The noise? Well there were two noises, the sound of probably deep section carbon rims and then the brakes, they did sound a bit rough possibly noisy disc brakes made to sound worse by the tiny microphone in the camera.

jjsh

Landlord.
Reaction score
Lovely lunchtime ride today; quick 25K flat out in-between meetings. A bit windy, but first time out in summer gear without feeling chilly at any point. Roll on the longer evenings!

Leon103

Landlord.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Lovely lunchtime ride today; quick 25K flat out in-between meetings. A bit windy, but first time out in summer gear without feeling chilly at any point. Roll on the longer evenings!
Don't mind a bit of rain, a bit of wind can also be ok, but what is annoying me about the current spell of weather is the inconsistentancy. How I can I plan what to wear when the weather changes like I change gears. It's been clear blue skies, torrential rain and hail in the last hour.

On Sunday I gave up deciding what to wear and just went on zwift.

jjsh

Landlord.
Reaction score
The wind round here is mental, thus why we have so many wind turbines. I have run out of gears in the granny ring before on the flat. Being so close to the sea, it can often have a base line of 20mph, which looks reasonable, but the gust's can be 40/45, which can be a bit hairy sometimes.

I had my arm and leg warmers in my back pocket today just in case I got caught out. 😁

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
100 kms yesterday at an average of 31.6Kph with 1400m of climbing, that wasn't the intention when I set out into a head wind, but by Ashbourne I had a good average and just tried to keep it rolling and aim for an average above 30kph but a long steep climb was ahead and that should have dropped me below to 30 average, but some shelter from the wind and I was still doing okay by the top. Then a descent and the long climb along the Morridge with a tail wind gave me an average speed of 39kph for the next 30 minutes with a strong tailwind. Got caught in a few torrential downpours but it was quite warm with the wind behind so I enjoyed the whole ride and the first time I have really pushed over such a distance in a while.

Today was a recovery ride, just 13kms and very very slow, thunder and lighting in the hills and I just missed getting wet.

IMG_20210511_173449324.jpg

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
Local ultra cyclist taking on the muff to kinsale

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
Local ultra cyclist taking on the muff to kinsale
Hats off to Joe Barr, not for the feint hearted Ultra distance cycling. I shall follow his progress. Not for me either, 200kms is my enjoyable limit and I can't see the point (for me) after that. I would like to do a long distance ride, but with the intent of stopping in accommodation and eat and sleep to enjoy the next day.
I always fancied a group ride through France and Spain from north to South with a team van with everyone's gear in. Driver gets a free holiday.

Reaction score
Very cool looking, must be quite inefficient though I bet they are popular with the cool kids :) , I think they need a big Harley engine in them.
They are the worst things I have ever ridden and come out about once every couple of years to be ridden round to the local hostelry , about 1 mile and it feels like 20 miles with there riding position !!! 🤣🤣🤣

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
It was lovely out there again today, managed a sneaky 40k at lunchtime.
The good thing about no longer working, I managed another 100K this morning, very hilly and great views so I'll bore you with another couple of photo's.

The Cat n Fiddle on the border of Derbyshire and Cheshire, former Robinson's Pub and now a distillery and bar, the view into Derbyshire
IMG_20210512_102735223.jpg

and the view to the other side into Cheshire, the white blob is Jodrell Bank and you can see as far as the hills of North Wales on a good day like today. A shame some bastards can't take their rubbish home with them.

IMG_20210512_102928662.jpg

colm89

Reaction score
My road bike, a 2020 volare 931 with old dura ace 7900 and a 4iiii precision pro pm

And my mountain bike, 2019 solaris max (actually just sold it as I dislocated my shoulder crashing it in October and needed to remove the temptation to do more damage)

Chico1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My road bike, a 2020 volare 931 with old dura ace 7900 and a 4iiii precision pro pm

Lovely frames those Genesis Reynolds stainless steel. Absolute looker.

And my mountain bike, 2019 solaris max (actually just sold it as I dislocated my shoulder crashing it in October and needed to remove the temptation to do more damage)