Show us your Pushbikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Hopperty, not indexed but you soon get a feel for it.
I once thought the 'indexing' on mine had died, I eventually got the feel for riding with non index gears , and then one day I realised there was a turn button the lever that alternated between index and non index - It must have accidentally got turned, I soon returned it to 'Indexed'

My bike at the top of Hindhead hill overlooking the devil's punchbowl.
That was a git of a climb.

Currently running with road front wheel & cx rear wheel for a bit better traction & durability on pothole riddled roads

Attachments

• IMG_20210611_103343.jpg
    IMG_20210611_103343.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 46
My brother and brother in-law completed the Donegal 555 in 21.5 hours last. This was a two man team, weather and conditions were perfect. Not very often you can cycle short sleeve at night in Ireland.
They both raised over 3000 pounds for a local charity Hurt. Hurt help people with addiction and mental health problems in my local area.
I am really proud of both 💪

My brother and brother in-law completed the Donegal 555 in 21.5 hours last. This was a two man team, weather and conditions were perfect. Not very often you can cycle short sleeve at night in Ireland.
They both raised over 3000 pounds for a local charity Hurt. Hurt help people with addiction and mental health problems in my local area.

That's a fantastic achievement!

Great achievement, well done to both of them 👏:hat:

Hi Samale

Great effort. My like button seems to be malfunctioning - sorry

Did you overcome your knee problems?

Hi Samale

Great effort. My like button seems to be malfunctioning - sorry

Did you overcome your knee problems?
I think it's mainly down to posture. I walk as if I just stepped of a horse. Running is the same and I think I carried it over on to the bike.
My knees stick out, hard to correct

This is glengesh pass that we went over near midnight. Great experience to watch the flash of the bike lights crawling up the side of the mountain like Ants
shutterstock_1535866394-2-min-1.jpg

Yep we have a m/home - love it although I am not too keen on driving so we tend to stay put for three nights at a time at least and use the bikes to look around, although three years ago we did do a small tour first the Wicklows then across to the west and up the Wild Atlantic Way interspersed with visits to the wife's cousins and sister. Did a cycle camping trip over there in the 80s which was amazing - guess the van is an idle man's equivalent (or in our case 'old' mans!

When you “get old like me “ you will realise your life has passed you by and you should have bought that blodby camper when you were young enough to enjoy it. 🥴😜
Never a truer word said, a friend of mine once said, if you have a dream then just do it now, if you wait then your dreams will change and you will never do it. My dream was sailing, I got trained up and became a full time yacht instructor and delivery skipper, then quit that job and saved up and we bought our own yacht which we had in the Med and enjoyed it very much. If we had waited until retirement (which seems to make sense) then you may never do it, dreams change, circumstances change and you may no longer have your health.

Ha ha ha, I tend to stick to the flatter races now!
How old are you (if you don't mind) I am 63 now and last raced a full season in 2019, I actually enjoy the hillier races but sadly for us older gits they are generally flatter races.

Latest posts

Back