Show us your Pushbikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First up - My winter bike. Built up from bits and bobs I had, plus a frame from eBay and forks were an end of line bargain. Tiffosi audax frame (CK7), Genesis Evolution carbon forks, 105 10 speed groupset, Mavic Aksium Elite wheels. Lovely relaxed winter bike, without being too heavy.

IMG_20201004_100254.jpg

First up - My winter bike. Built up from bits and bobs I had, plus a frame from eBay and forks were an end of line bargain. Tiffosi audax frame (CK7), Genesis Evolution carbon forks, 105 10 speed groupset, Mavic Aksium Elite wheels. Lovely relaxed winter bike, without being too heavy.
Looks like an ideal winter bike

Next up - My CX bike . Voodoo Simba Carbon / Scandium frameset from 2008. This is a proper Voodoo frame, not the badge engineered stuff you can get in Halfords nowadays. Built this up with 10 speed 105 again, TRP mini V's , Askinum CxP wheels. Really light, really ridgid, fast and a bit twitchy on the rough stuff. Have raced it a bit. Badly.

IMG_20200414_194328.jpg

Now it's - My adventure / gravel bike. Charge Plug 5 frame (Columbus steel), Kinesis carbon forks, SRAM hydraulic 1 X 10 groupset, Hope retainer ring, 105 crank, Superstar wheels. Best bike I've ever built. Goes just about anywhere, comfortably. Not at all heavy for a steel bike, or any bike for that matter. The frame has that lovely Columbus flexy twangyness that smooths over bumps. It would drive you crackers if you were trying to tour on it, though!

IMG_20200415_131203.jpg

Last edited:
Lastly - My plastic fantastic. Focus Cayo 2.0. Full carbon, ultegra, FSA gossamer, DT Swiss, weighs not much but still a nice relaxed geometry; more of a sportive than race bike. Comes out on sunny days. Standard apart from the bar tape which was originally white.
IMG_20200731_135321.jpg

I've also got a Merida hardtail and a classic 90's Paul Milne's racer but I don't have any snaps of them.

@jjsh A nice collection and good to see them, I do fancy an adventure bike for some cycle touring before I get too old but not sure I can justify another bike, maybe once I finally finish road racing, 2021 if it happens will probably be my last racing year if I actually get motivated enough to do it.
CX, great sport with a great community spirit but I have never tried it and never will. I did make a couple of videos though of the 2019 Notts/Derby CX league 2019 season, don't feel obliged to watch, sadly the quality suffered a bit.
<iframe width="1131" height="636" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1131" height="636" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

View attachment 33642

I mean - there's just nothing to add here. That is a textbook example of a perfect winter bike. I love it.

I mean - there's just nothing to add here. That is a textbook example of a perfect winter bike. I love it.
Thanks. It is a sweet ride, one I just about managed to get right first time except for the stem length, which I had to drop down a whole 20mm to get it nice and comfy. Luckily, that hasn't made it twitchy. The only remaining thing I'd like to do is swap out the 23mm gatorskins for something 25mm and a bit more grippy but I've lived with these for four years so I'll wait until I can pounce on a bargain.

i've got metal holding my elbow together after the last time i was on a bike 15 years ago (GT performer BMX. can't remember the exact model but i had fitted skyway bars) and i haven't been on one since but i've enjoyed seeing what you're all riding.
slight phantom saddle soreness too.

Pretty jealous, working off your lock down belly now then and gearing for the Donegal challenge?

I'm starting to get an itch to build another bike; fancy an old school steel xc hard tail, based around something like a Cove Handjob frame. But stuff is fetching such strong money at the moment I can't justify it.

Nice, and no excuses now the weather has been so good.
Yes it’s looked like a nice couple of weeks even up in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 For the past couple of weeks, whilst I’m working offshore !
Next week or so when I get home are looking wet wet wet 😢
Beer making weather 😆

Yes it’s looked like a nice couple of weeks even up in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 For the past couple of weeks, whilst I’m working offshore !
Next week or so when I get home are looking wet wet wet 😢
Beer making weather 😆
Indeed, I used to work offshore and I always missed the best weather.

Latest posts

Back