Show us your Pushbikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to look that one up tbh, yes I bet those brakes clog up quite easily on muddy cx races. Most on discs these days I guess?
I have never owned a CX bike and have spent the last 32 years avoiding racing cross so unlikely to start now asad.

It's not that they clog, but when you are constantly running rim deep in wet mud, they become pretty ineffective. Disks, being out of the way, don't suffer from that. So, yea, mostly disks these days - if I jump off my Charge Plug 5 onto the Simba I go from 'will my grip hold?' to 'Erm, where did my brakes go?' 😂

Cool, so what;s the medal for?

I was cycling London-Paris to raise some money for Cure Leukemia. I think that photo is from the smaller of the two medals which was 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 77
View attachment 33052
Here’s mine. Rose Xeon RS-3000 2015. I don’t hold with full-carbon in my kind of price point (and the way I ride!), so it’s an alloy frame, but just 7kg all in.

Haven’t been out in a month or so after thinking a 100 miler was a good idea at my current fitness🤕🤕
Nice looking bike. Not seen one of those before.

Trek Emonda SL6 Pro

IMG20200923153350.jpg

Felt F4
It's got an old Ksyrium SSC wheel on the front because I had an argument with the tarmac a while back. Chain snapped on a steep hill and bang.
We've all been there.

IMG20200923153523.jpg

Aslo got a Colnago Asso art decco style with a mix of Campag Record / Chorus in the loft. Cleaned it all up to sell, but couldn't bring myself to part with it in the end.

Nice bikes in the Genesis range, centre pull brakes make so much sense.

Yes. I got it as an upgrade to my old road bike, something that would handle the general state of the roads round here, swapping from 700c*23's to 700c*32
Though it used 700c*28's when stripped for racing & still under 10Kg.

It was a bit of an oddity, a proper CX bike with frame lugs for carrier & mudguards, but it has been an excellent commuter.
It would also make a reasonable light tourer (downside is carbon forks - so no front paniers)
It does suffer a bit from front brake judder & I'm forever having to realign the front pads tp stop them squeaking

I intend to keep it going until it falls appart :)

Now I need to go out to the garage to take loads of photos of my bikes, or just scroll through all my phone photos for some that don't include me blowing out of my ****

Aslo got a Colnago Asso art decco style with a mix of Campag Record / Chorus in the loft. Cleaned it all up to sell, but couldn't bring myself to part with it in the end.
Well you can never have too many enough bikes
Yes. I got it as an upgrade to my old road bike, something that would handle the general state of the roads round here,
I was working in Surrey last year and was surprised by how bad the lanes were, I always had Surrey down as one of the better off counties

Scott Ransom full bouncy, for smashing the local trails abs trail centres.
Probably a bit over biked for me now as I’ve had a few big crashes over the last couple of years that have hit my confidence.
The good thing though, this bike does inspire some confidence which will help break that mental barrier and allow me to ride full knob head again soon, but with a sense of mortality.
4E31FC0F-A5DA-4BCF-85DE-81D316491E4D.jpeg

Fella works with me went out spent £3k in a mountain bike...first time out went on some "difficult" tracks,came off it bust his arm,leg,collar bone and pelvis proper smashed up...he's on the mend but haven't seen him for three months...

Well you can never have too many enough bikes
I think its more a case of being limited by garage space.
I was thinking of getting a really old bike for vintage rallys & re-enactments. Anyone know of a vicar willing to sell on his Pashley?

I was working in Surrey last year and was surprised by how bad the lanes were, I always had Surrey down as one of the better off counties
No. Its really bad round here - to the point I won't use road tyres anymore because of the state of my preferred routes.

Not helped by 3 ton off roaders ripping up the tarmac on the private school runs.
(Actually one of worst places is a small carpark where they drop off for a bus pickup to one of the Guildford private girls schools)

Sorry, but I can't show any pics of my push bike as it got nicked.

Seriously I lent it to my grandson a couple of years ago as he used to cycle to the train station then lock the bike up and go to work by train. I know he locked it up as I gave him my D lock. The thieving scum must have had a cordless grinder or something as the D lock was cut in two and bike gone. It happened to a lot of commuters but when someone eventually got arrested for thieving, the police recovered half a dozen or so stolen bikes from his house.
Sadly mine was not one of them....:mad:

Oh, and by the way it wasn't anything fancy, I think it was a TREK. Cost about £300 or so. Not the point though.

This is my Scott Scale I decided to convert into an electric bike. I commute about 18 mile a day, and managed to do just over 5k miles last year. The battery lasts me full 2 days and my boss is OK for me to charge it at work :) I've fitted BAFANG BBSHD03 48V 1KW Mid Drive Motor which gives me top speed on flat about 40mph without pedalling weeeee 🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️ . After couple months of fun I decided to limit it to 25mph, it felt bit odd overtaking cars on 30 limit going up-hill (had to pedal assist it to actually keep up that speed up-hill) also I wanted the battery to last 2 days. Anyways below couple photos of what it looks like:

1600932287033.png

1600932348127.png

1600932438147.png

This is my Scott Scale I decided to convert into an electric bike. I commute about 18 mile a day, and managed to do just over 5k miles last year. The battery lasts me full 2 days and my boss is OK for me to charge it at work :) I've fitted BAFANG BBSHD03 48V 1KW Mid Drive Motor which gives me top speed on flat about 40mph without pedalling weeeee 🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️ . After couple months of fun I decided to limit it to 25mph, it felt bit odd overtaking cars on 30 limit going up-hill (had to pedal assist it to actually keep up that speed up-hill) also I wanted the battery to last 2 days. Anyways below couple photos of what it looks like:
Interesting, how easy was the conversion?
Are you in the UK? If so presumably you are aware it is illegal? Not that I am a kill joy and if I had an e bike I reckon 25mph (with pedal assist) would be what I want, the 15mph limit is probably fair for non sports cyclists and novice riders to prevent them doing harm to themselves or others but for an experienced cyclist who can reach speeds in excess of 25mph it would seem very tame.

Excuse the mess Dining room come bike store come brewery store come woodwork centre.

My little used Ridley. Not quite as fast as yours but Pleasant on smooth tarmac

X

596E294E-C4F1-4B98-886F-7A735777B503.jpeg

then there’s the insurance replacement For my old orange p7 nicked from a shed in west bridgford 17 years ago - the classic yeti arc of 2003

ACDCFC6D-750A-4E12-A2A0-7EC3970AC082.jpeg

then the Turner 5spot for the trails

All sadly silent

EC3D9B4F-FF62-4D1B-A842-74E896262162.jpeg

I'm not a "serious" cyclist but do enjoy being out on a bike in the beautiful countryside that surrounds me. My knees are not that good these days and it was ruining my enjoyment of cycling and I live in county that you can't ride 100 yards without having to climb up a hill. So I did a budget diy conversion of my old MTB into an eBike. This year, I have done more miles cycling than the last 10 years combined. I still get exercise but I have the assistance for when I hit a climb or for when I'm knackered. I ride mostly single track country roads (often they're not in a great state of repair), and minor and/or B-roads. I used to struggle doing 10 miles, now I can manage up to 30/35 miles and still have a smile on my face. I fear this may sound a little trivial to most hardcore cyclists, or maybe an eBike is not even the done thing, but it has changed my outlook to cycling immeasurably and has made a decent ride out possible again, and for very little cost. I can now enjoying the countryside again and with a much larger range.
P1060581.JPG

Back