Sight tube kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borischarlton

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought 2 x 50L stock pots from the ebay France shop. Anyhow I know that someone on here was selling sight tube kits cos I need one.

Cheers

Rob

http://www.ThePlasticShop.co.uk/ are currently doing 15mm OD x 2000mm polycarbonate tubing for £11.40 ex vat (with £9.95 postage ex vat). They are based in Coventry and say they don't mind collection.

You should be able to get 3 sight tubes out of 1 lenght and will just need the extra bits.

I ended up just buying the bits as per Vossys "HowTo" and installed a tube donated by Dunfie.
Very pleased with how it works in a reinforced plastic fermenter. Top of the tube tucks neatly under the lip of the rim, so no need for a connection at the top either. Ideal.
DSCF0872.JPG

DSCF0869.JPG

DSCF0871.JPG

Yes they were from Airflow. I got very quick and efficient service from them too. :thumb:
I ordered the part at lunchtime and had it by the next day.
Andy

Will the beer in the sight tube boil along with the rest of the brew, or is it so insignificant that it doesn't matter?

You get very good circulation of the wort in the sight tube . . .You can visibly see the hot break forming

Thanks AM.
Interesting that you can see the "Hot break" forming.
Does the tube need to be over a minimum diameter for this to occur?

Back