Signing Off for a few weeks!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm staying in ypres on the 4th July (we've been there twice now) and the last post at the menin gate always brings a tear to my (and mrs doj's) eye. Ypres was rebuilt after being flattened but it is such a beautiful town. it's an under-rated part of europe but i'd gladly spend my last days there.

have a great break, I am well-jeal!!

Blimey have i really been on this site and drinking heavily for over two years?!

Hope the sediment settles out

I'm staying in ypres on the 4th July (we've been there twice now) and the last post at the menin gate always brings a tear to my (and mrs doj's) eye. Ypres was rebuilt after being flattened but it is such a beautiful town. it's an under-rated part of europe but i'd gladly spend my last days there.

have a great break, I am well-jeal!!

Fantastic place (if you know what I mean). Went with a group of AS level students a few years back in Feb to Ypres and Passchendaele. Never seen so many tough lads crying since Newcastle last got to a cup final.

Hi there,

I'm back home and raring to go ...

... on a serious diet unfortunately. :laugh8:

France is great but those six hour long dinners play havoc with what used to be my waistline! Time to get serious and lose a few stones!

The visit was great for three main reasons:

1. My little Prima Donna was showing zero life when we arrived in March but by last week it had put out over six suckers and was happily climbing the fence.

IMG_0698.jpg

2. The Spray Bottle experiment was a great success and at half a litre per day I managed to empty the bottle without having to resort to the pump. Definitely something that will have some more tinkering to remove the pump. (BTW, the 2 x 10 litre PB's of beer were re-filled with a 2016 Merlot to bring back home. The price had leapt up from €2.10 a litre last November to €2.70 a litre this June!

3. We managed to visit the Military Cemetery in Cästres where the Great-Uncle of my good lady is buried. Our visit was intentionally on the 6th June in recognition of the 100th anniversary of his death in the first world war. We should all be grateful for the ultimate sacrifices that he and his comrades made on our behalf.

IMG_0713.jpg

I hope everyone played nicely while I was away. :thumb:

Give me a couple of days to get into the "at home" routine and I will start joining in again! :gulp:

Latest posts

Back