Signing off indefinitely.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. Dutto's thrown his rattle out because of something someone wrote on another forum a year ago? That's how the OP reads anyway.

I don't get it. Dutto's thrown his rattle out because of something someone wrote on another forum a year ago? That's how the OP reads anyway.

Sadfield picked Dutto up on a few posts in our forum macchomebrew is as far as i know nothing to do with the original reason Dutto decided to post that he is leaving it just backs up his view that Sadfield is targeting him here and as has already been said in the thread its not so much what was posted but the way it was posted.

I have posted a guide so Dutto can ignore Sadfields threads/posts, this thread shows members value his input and would like him to continue posting here i hope he decides to use it and carry on posting.

He will drive Mrs Dutto mad if he is not on here and gets under her feet. :lol:

I have posted a guide so Dutto can ignore Sadfields threads/posts, this thread shows members value his input and would like him to continue posting here i hope he decides to use it and carry on posting.

He will drive Mrs Dutto mad if he is not on here and gets under her feet. [emoji38]

Targeted him? By that you mean I responded after HE referenced me with his (repeated) thinly veiled and childish 'Scientist' jibe whilst resurrected an old arguement?

Most of my response was links to, or cut and paste from academic text.

EDIT. I have just returned to the original 'stuck fermentation' thread and my initial response to the two points made by Dutto were 1) A question and 2) To say he was almost correct. Hardly targeting, and interesting to see who pushes the arguement.

"Inspiration is the impact of a fact on a well-prepared mind" Louis Pasteur

It'll be shame if he goes. I can say that I've read his advice and it's definitely contributed to me getting off the ground with AG and producing some pretty good beers.

I like reading in to the scientific elements for a bit of knowledge, however I'm still at the point of trying to perfect the mechanics and process. If every question gets nothing but "here's the science behind it, go figure" replies, I can see a few newbies not bothering with the forum or maybe ditching homebrew altogether as it may seem over complicated to some.

I've took some solace from reading threads where folk like dutto have said don't worry, don't overthink it, It should be fine and works for me.

Greg Hughes Home Brew Beer vs John Palmer How To Brew?

Sadfield picked Dutto up on a few posts in our forum macchomebrew is as far as i know nothing to do with the original reason Dutto decided to post that he is leaving it just backs up his view that Sadfield is targeting him here and as has already been said in the thread its not so much what was posted but the way it was posted.

haha here's irony. I didn't know what it was about because I never saw any of sadfield's posts because...

...yep he's already on my own ignore list. No idea why, I must have added him ages ago.

Targeted him? By that you mean I responded after HE referenced me with his (repeated) thinly veiled and childish 'Scientist' jibe whilst resurrected an old arguement?

Sadfield
Irrespective of what you think about me, in my view you are without doubt the biggest twerp on our forum when you resort to your petty comments. Grow up. There's more to life than continually trying to prove who'se got the biggest d**k. I'm certainly fed up with it, and so it appears there are others of like mind.
However, do continue to share you views on brewing science, it might be useful to others who are sufficiently interested to read it.

Hmm ..with the exception of Gunge and his flaked barley reactor facility are any of us actually brewing under laboratory conditions?
Undoubtedly brewing is a base bio reaction that happens given favourable conditions but for us the results are infinitely variable even if we think the beer we brewed this time was the same as last time...and we can't prove otherwise!
99.9% of the time I'm looking for a tried and tested method,easily repeatable and affordable otherwise I might just as well go to Tesco..
I fear though Dutto being the chap he is isn't easily swayed....I do hope however he was just having a meltdown having supped the last of his mild.....

Sadfield

Sadfield
Irrespective of what you think about me, in my view you are without doubt the biggest twerp on our forum when you resort to your petty comments. Grow up. There's more to life than continually trying to prove who'se got the biggest d**k. I'm certainly fed up with it, and so it appears there are others of like mind.
However, do continue to share you views on brewing science, it might be useful to others who are sufficiently interested to read it.

Ah well done Terry, reminded why I blocked sadfield. He puts that signature into his posts. Every forum ever built has a signature field where you can write what you like and an option to turn everyone else's off so you don't have to bother scrolling through other people's. I have them turned off. Forcing a sig into every post is just downright rude, IT'S LIKE POSTING IN ALL CAPS or using rlyrad txtspk lol omg wtf Im 12.

Surely a vote should be held.

Dutto or Sadfield??

FIGHT!!!
(*disclaimer. I don't want a fight I just want Dutto back!)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To paraphrase Strange-Steve earlier in this thread, we shouldn't have to lose anyone from the forum over this. Everyone should feel able to contribute their experiences / observations / research to help others out.

This forum should be a friendly place where members want to interact and pass on their knowledge or experience, but above all, it should be enjoyable. If people don't enjoy being here, they will stop coming. If non-members see people being subjected to a witch-hunt, they won't join here and will go elsewhere.

EDIT. I have just returned to the original 'stuck fermentation' thread and my initial response to the two points made by Dutto were 1) A question and 2) To say he was almost correct. Hardly targeting, and interesting to see who pushes the arguement.

Maybe targeting was a little strong but i and other members have already posted its the manner in which you post not what you post that is the problem if you cannot see it can i draw your attention to an earlier post in this thread where you were labelled a gob****e by another member and another two posts where members have put you on their ignore list.

I just googled "Dutto" to see if he was on any other forums and this was top of the list of search results.

"Doin a Dutto"
When you mistakenly send a text message containing a terribly inappropriate or abusive text message to the person the message is about instead of your douchebag mates. Doin' a Dutto is named after Australian federal politician Peter Dutton.

I like it.:lol:

Hi!
What has gone wrong with this forum? It used to be full of advice like, "Well this is what I do . . . " or "Try this . . . " or "In my experience . . . " Now it's, "Thou shalt not . . ."
It's becoming like a religious schism, with grim faced, humourless men driving away honest-hearted homebrewers who have the respect of many members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back