Signing off indefinitely.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s his simple AG thread that got me and still gets many others to try AG. I thought it was rocket science before reading it and would never have even thought about giving it go !!

Goddam... I said the S word !!

What - 'simple'? The only forum I've 'left' (not beer-related) was by forcible eviction. Didn't like my playful tone, apparently. Goes straight over some folk's heads but I mean no harm and can give as good as I take when the going gets heavy... that's the secret to forum harmony before the mods bring the hammer down. Boo!

A number of members got cheeses off with how the forum was run and argued with the kids if I remember correctly.

One set up another forum and tried to r3cruit everyone from here. I joined but remained on here also. Got banned over there for posting the same thread on both sites and was accused of being @MyQul spy lol.

Funny thing is just before I left they had voted to charge people �£10 to join

You are my spy, aren't you :lol:

Even with access to more information I cannot understand the whole debacle or why they kicked up such a fuss.. It was before my time as a mod anyway

Funny thing is the person who initially set that site up was actually banned here by one of the other people who set that site up..

I don't know a great deal about the other place it looked a little dead to me but they charge £10 to join now? Sadly it will probably always remain an exclusive site setup with a grudge.

Not sure if they charge or not but it was certainly mentioned. I believe they were all still trying to follow this site and reporting back to each other on what was going on. If it is still going perhaps they are recruiting dutto as we speak.

The best thing was I didn't know why I was banned so I had to resign up. In between registering and waiting for approval I could view the whole site including the mod area. Where they were happily slagging off it's members and they had a whole thread about how I was a spy lol. All I did was post the same thread on two sites. ****

Sounds like there's a lot of people around who have very little else to occupy themselves with.....exclusive forums what a load of old ****.. .Wonder if they all meet up once a month to polish each others hop rockets....

All that has happened is someone has pulled him up a few times for giving inaccurate advice.
At risk of being dragged into this 'who did what to whom' debate I think you will find, if you read what was posted, it was the personal stuff surrounding the points of views expressed that really seems to have been the issue. Frankly it all became very silly in the end, handbags at dawn. Why folks can't just agree to differ rather than going on and on about an issue and getting almost abusive is beyond me, and this applies to all threads not just this one. If they conduct themselves like this on a 'face to face' basis in the real world, they must be very lonely people.

A number of members got cheeses off with how the forum was run and argued with the kids if I remember correctly.

One set up another forum and tried to r3cruit everyone from here. I joined but remained on here also. Got banned over there for posting the same thread on both sites and was accused of being @MyQul spy lol.

Funny thing is just before I left they had voted to charge people �£10 to join
I joined and was recruited as a mod.I left after repeated demands to tow the line and to agree with everything that was required of me. Also repeated threats that unless people were prepared to pay minimum of £10 per year then the site would close. Clibit is on there and have to say that he appears a decent bloke and he too was getting cheesed off with it all.

I joined and was recruited as a mod.I left after repeated demands to tow the line and to agree with everything that was required of me. Also repeated threats that unless people were prepared to pay minimum of £10 per year then the site would close. Clibit is on there and have to say that he appears a decent bloke and he too was getting cheesed off with it all.

Right so now I’m feeling a bit self conscious and I’m trying to work out why I wasn’t poached to join [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a member there and there is no requirement to pay anything.
Obviously altered his stance then.I had a lot of altercation over it,the last i knew was that it would become £10 minimum next year. I wasn't the only new recruit to join and leave. Unless you are a mod,you would not know about the rantings that went on. I know the guy has issues with health(so do i) but it was a constant bombardement of rantings about towing the line and having to agree with everything,constant threats to close the site and issues over cost's and constantly picking holes in other members!.:nono::nono:

Hi!
The forum whose name must not be spoken :grin:

image.jpeg

The stupid thing is that there is enough room for other forums. It was also an obssesed desire to climb up the google ladder . Shame as there are some knowledgeable people on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back