Simply export stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill W

Reaction score
I've just put a Ritchie's Simply Export Stout on to ferment. I've used 500g of dextrose and 500g of Munton's extra dark spraymalt in place of the 1kg of brewing sugar recommended. I've also added half a tin of black treacle. O.G. is 1.044. It's my first stout, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Interested to hear how you get on with this!

I bottled it two nights ago. It looks good. Fermentation ended at 1.012. I had the compulsory taste of the last knockings left in the syphon tube. It tastes stouty! Strong roasty flavour and something else, which I assume comes from the treacle but doesn't taste of treacle or licquorice. I think it's going to be a good un once it's had a bit more time.

I bottled it two nights ago. It looks good. Fermentation ended at 1.012. I had the compulsory taste of the last knockings left in the syphon tube. It tastes stouty! Strong roasty flavour and something else, which I assume comes from the treacle but doesn't taste of treacle or licquorice. I think it's going to be a good un once it's had a bit more time.

Lovely! I've been thinking about doing something like this. May well follow in your footsteps soon ;)

Latest posts

Back