Simply gluten free pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich27

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I thought I'd try a simply gluten free pale ale kit due to hearing good things about it on here and started making it about 2 weeks ago.

I planned to dry hop it even though there were no hops included with the kit so after 9 days I put in 50g Citrus, 25g Cryo Ekaunot and 25g of Simcoe. The problem is, I had to cram them all into a small tea bag thinking I had 3 left but in fact only had 1
#-o
. I then left it for another 5 days before kegging. When I took the hop bag out of the fermenter the hops in the middle were still mostly dry so I made a 2L jug of hop tea and threw that in the keg too.

After 2 days of secondary in the keg the colour and aroma are great but the desired hop kick I wanted just isn't there. I've got another 25g tea bag of Cryo Ekaunot and I'm thinking of adding it to the keg in the hope it adds a bit of flavour. I'm thinking the 2 risks might be, oxygen getting into the keg or the beer becoming too bitter if I leave it in there permanently.

Any thoughts or suggestions please?

Latest posts

Back