Simply, Pale Ale Kit Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still my favourite cheapo kit, mix it up a bit sometimes with hop additions and DME /sugar combinations but still good brewed as it is with just brewing sugar.

This was my very first Kit. It came in the package with my Starter Beer Kit. I started it on the 7th of December, and made 23 litres using 1Kg of Brewing Sugar. So a very basic kit brew using the kit yeast. OG was 1.040 and after almost two weeks in the FV @ a constant 20 degrees the FG was 1.002 for 48 hours. ABV of approx 5%. I bottled it in Coopers 500ml PET bottles and used 2 coopers carbonation drops per bottle. It went back into the hot press for another 2 weeks and then 2 weeks in my garage. I tried a few last night, I was not expecting very much if I'm honest. I was blown away, it was gorgeous. My very first kit brew and it turned out perfect. I don't have anything to compare it to but if I was served this in a bar I'd be delighted. It was genuinely really really good. I shared a few bottles with my next door neighbor. He loved it and we enjoyed 7 each. So we made a good dent into the batch. I'll definitely be doing this again. It is excellent. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 46884589-0C37-434B-BBF7-048DFF224CF4.jpeg
    46884589-0C37-434B-BBF7-048DFF224CF4.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 66
I've recently done this kit,I added 500g light DME and sugar. I didn't take SG but fg was 1008. Very nice drink that is further improving with time in the bottle to condition. All in all a good value basic kit that tastes very good.

Back