Simply pale Ale with Ekg.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbo77

Reaction score
This a kit I made a few several months ago. I’m enjoying a few bottles now, so I thought I’d leave a review.
Pitched yeast 28/6/20. Using 1kg of Muntons brew enhancer.
Og1045.
Brewed to 21litres. After 10 days I halved the wort transferring it to 2nd Fv and added 25g Ekg to one of the Fv’s.
Fg1012
After 4 days I batch primed and bottled.
After i sampled a few of each I realised I must gave forgot to prime the Un-hopped half. I opened the bottles a added 2g of sugar solution with a Turkey baster.
This kit lends itself as an ideal base fir dry hopping, The Ekg half is lovely, it’s got a great aroma.
The un-hopped is still a bit on the flat side.
I’ll definitely make this again, hopefully remember to prime all of it.. Next time I’m going to try a dry hop of Ekg vs First gold.
BAE468C6-67F2-4819-AECB-229802E95037.jpeg

Last edited:
I did this kit quite some time ago, long before I moved to AG and dry hopped it with 100g Citra which produced quite a decent brew. Cracked open the bottles at a BBQ and they didn’t last very long.
Of all the bottled kits in the garage Wherry, Nog, Nelson bitter, St. Peter’s Golden Ale etc. I’m really enjoying this cheap kit with EKG.

I've got this kit to do, using 500g DME with it and was going to use 50g cascade for the dry hop.

This has reminded me that I really messed up one of these kits once. I used Hopped DME thinking it would add hop flavour and aroma but in fact all it did was add bitterness and was quite undrinkable.

Latest posts

Back