Sir Keir Starmer breached MPs' code of conduct eight times

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chippy and Clint have got it bang right, its about he has broken the code of conduct no matter how serious the reason he has broke the conduct and has he done it accidentally???

It's how they world works, no he got caught breaking the code, the trick is not to get caught, the higher up the chain you go the bigger the risk

Well he has now tarnished his squeaky clean image.

He as been saying for ages he is from a working class background a guess accepting a bit of cash in hand came naturally ;)

I think Chippy and Clint have got it bang right, its about he has broken the code of conduct no matter how serious the reason he has broke the conduct and has he done it accidentally???

Spot on MrB it doesn't matter what it was or how much it was he broken the code of conduct.

The standards commissioner launched an investigation.
Kathryn Stone said the breaches were "minor and/or inadvertent".

The scale of corruption from Johnson is gargantuan compared this failure to file some sources of income.
Johnson held the most prestigious and powerful post in the land and is thus held to a higher standard.
Let's wait until Labour manages to win an election and then they will be held to a account.

Doesn't matter what position held or how serious or how many offences the code has been broken so therefore guilty as charged. Trying to justify it because its not Boris does not wash.
What's good for the Goose etc

the thing with a leader of opposition (any of them) - they need to be squeaky clean. If they accuse someone on the other side breaking the law/rules and they break these themselves later on , it is a very hollow accusation.
I'm Labour voter and it is really disappointing to see he i not better than a conservative. Why even risk is for such a small gain ?

As I’ve said before, they are all as bad as each other.
This is weird.
I have read the article that was copy and pasted from the BBC news website 5 or 6 Times now.

I can see no major crime here.
Can you please spell out what he did was so wrong.

I think this was made clear in the OP
Er … not quite! I quote from the OP;

When writing to Ms Stone to "offer explanation, apology and reassurances that measures had been put in place to prevent any reoccurrence", Sir Keir also raised another instance of the sale of a plot of land that exceeded the £100,000 threshold for registration to the House authorities.
She said that although he said "he was waiting for the sale to complete so he could register the correct value", she decided to include it in her report.

In December 2021 a man put down a €1,500 deposit on a bit of land I had for sale in France. The Deposit prevented me from selling the land while the man put in his plans for what he wants to build. I go over to France to sign over the land later this month: eight months after he paid the initial deposit! Do I declare the €1,500 deposit or do I declare the sum I have yet too agree; which might even yet fall through?

So, the report two major questions:
  1. Should Mr Starmer report his plans before he carries them out?
  2. Why did Ms Stone include this sale in her report even though it had not yet occurred?
Yes!” what Mr Starmer did was wrong, but following local custom (set by the current government), he has apologised and said it won’t happen again; so can we now move on?

I doubt it!
:D

When you look into it these were late filings, not deliberate attempts to hide income that could lead to influence as some have done. Ms Stone in her report has said as much herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter what position held or how serious or how many offences the code has been broken so therefore guilty as charged. Trying to justify it because its not Boris does not wash.
What's good for the Goose etc
Spot on again MrB.

So this is the man that is wanting to take over as the new government leader.
I thought he was a top notch legal boffin but he obviously can not read the code of conduct which I would expect a legal person to be able to dissect inside out.
To Quote "Speaking at the time, Sir Keir said he was "absolutely confident" he had not broken the MPs' code of conduct."
He then went on to breach it not once but 8 times, makes me wander.
Is there hope for us?

He then went on to breach it not once but 8 times, makes me wander. …

Er … I suggest that you read Post #31.

One of the “breaches” hadn’t yet happened (and wasn’t likely to) and all of them were “minor and/or inadvertent"; according to the person who wrote the report!

Perhaps if you did more “wondering” and less “wandering” you may realise that there is hope for us!
:coat:

As it has been stated he broke the code of conduct it doesn't matter how small or how often the fact of the matter is is he broke the code of conduct I guess after your lengthy honesty thread it sticks in your craw to read it but he is guilty and that is not going to change however much you try to water it down.

Last edited:
Did he or not breach the code? and the point I was making is that he was a top legal boffin and should be able to scrutinise any contract and make sure he got it right.
Good job he is not defending me in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back