Six Nations 2018

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was good to see England control a game and win rather than show brilliance but be fallible. Against some of the big teams, theres no point going out and playing expansive rugby when you then leave gaps and allow them into the game. Wales never looked like winning that game, I didn't think it was a try although I could see why the welsh were upset. I think they should probably tweak the working on that law as I actually think its more open to interpretation than it used to be. I know in Rugby League its along the lines of in control of the ball and exerting downward pressure which is much more clear.

I think we will see similar tactics next game, although the space the Scots will leave should probably allow for more tries for England.

Not according to the laws or the scoreboard.

Here is a slow mo..

https://twitter.com/mattyjwills/status/962614149154041856

Only just looked at it really, seems to hit the finger, the debate will be did it go forward or backwarsd onto the leg, that camera angle will not give a clear view. the TMO never even considered that.

However, unless there was deliberate intention to drop on to the knee it would be a knock on.

The debate will go on, Wales will feel annoyed and I probably would too but they were not "robbed", sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. Wales benefitted from a call resulting in a BP last week which looked forward.

TMO never looked at that but in the end probably the right decision based on that..

That is true the clarification was on the grounding. Not what happened before which looks almost certainly like a knock on.. its irrelevant though it was disallowed.

It has gone quiet because its the break and the games are not on until two weekends.. I didn't get chance to see Scotland France as I was out playing Rugby actually and getting rather filthy.

Doesn't east away at you does it? TMO decisions are sometimes in your favour and sometimes not.. Like I say there was a very forward looking try in the Wales Scotland game which Wales benefited from a bonus point with it happens you move on to the next game.. Should WR start clarifying that?? and all others?? Its a dodgy precedent there actually..

I have watched and supported many teams where these things happen against me, its just part of the game, score board alone which is pretty linear mind set of thinking it wouldn't have changed the result.

As it was I thought a young Welsh side played very well and shoudl be proud of teh defensive shift they put in, they have turned a corner and should be a cracking game against Ireland. Wales Ireland is one of my fav fixtures in the 6ns..

That is true the clarification was on the grounding. Not what happened before which looks almost certainly like a knock on.. its irrelevant though it was disallowed.

It has gone quiet because its the break and the games are not on until two weekends.. I didn't get chance to see Scotland France as I was out playing Rugby actually and getting rather filthy.

Doesn't east away at you does it? TMO decisions are sometimes in your favour and sometimes not.. Like I say there was a very forward looking try in the Wales Scotland game which Wales benefited from a bonus point with it happens you move on to the next game.. Should WR start clarifying that?? and all others?? Its a dodgy precedent there actually..

I have watched and supported many teams where these things happen against me, its just part of the game, score board alone which is pretty linear mind set of thinking it wouldn't have changed the result.

As it was I thought a young Welsh side played very well and shoudl be proud of teh defensive shift they put in, they have turned a corner and should be a cracking game against Ireland. Wales Ireland is one of my fav fixtures in the 6ns..

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    749.1 KB · Views: 82
Not sure if I am fishing or you said you were??

Hard to tell on the interweb with the shrill response it has been getting on Social media..

Social media is a toxic hell hole at times.

I think If Wales beat Ireland they would be in a good position to still take the title actually.. I cannot see England beating Ireland even at Twickenham and I think they may lose one of their games to Scotland / France.

If Ireland win I think they will steam roll to a GS.

Well that was ****.

Fair play to Scotland though. They frustrated England's game plan and were deserved winners. Wish we had that welshman Huw Jones on our side.

I haven't watch a game of rugby in years but as it was live on the the PC (BBC) i decided to see how good England are all credit to Scotland they did a right job on them, how many penalties did England give away?

Credit to Scotland on the day far better, murdered us on the ground. England backrow balance has been an issue and it was exposed today.. Underhill made a difference.. But England were pretty appalling in parts.. Scotland did really well though and fully deserved it.

We allowed turnover after turnover. Can't do that and expect to win.

That seemed to be the game changer to me. English turnovers.

As a Scottish born lad, I was delighted with the result and ecstatic with the performance.
John Barclay had a fantastic game at the breakdown, Laidlaw kicked OK , Finn Russell had a good game and the front five duly fronted up against a great looking English pack.
And, yeah, Huw Jones is a Scottish sounding name only when reading out the team sheet, but he is one hell of a player.

Perhaps it is not the time or place to debate the somewhat odd rules about eligibility.
France really should benefit the most, n'est-ce pas? They were ponderous and basically looked bored for long periods against the spaghetti boys.

Really enjoyed the Ireland vs Wales game. Great entertainment from Wales and very efficient play from the Irish. I never used to rate Keith Earls against the other 6N wingers until recently, but he was everywhere today. That Jacob Stockdale is a big lad to be on the wing. A sort of Little and Large, as it were.

That seemed to be the game changer to me. English turnovers.

As a Scottish born lad, I was delighted with the result and ecstatic with the performance.
John Barclay had a fantastic game at the breakdown, Laidlaw kicked OK , Finn Russell had a good game and the front five duly fronted up against a great looking English pack.
And, yeah, Huw Jones is a Scottish sounding name only when reading out the team sheet, but he is one hell of a player.

Perhaps it is not the time or place to debate the somewhat odd rules about eligibility.
France really should benefit the most, n'est-ce pas? They were ponderous and basically looked bored for long periods against the spaghetti boys.

Really enjoyed the Ireland vs Wales game. Great entertainment from Wales and very efficient play from the Irish. I never used to rate Keith Earls against the other 6N wingers until recently, but he was everywhere today. That Jacob Stockdale is a big lad to be on the wing. A sort of Little and Large, as it were.
The eligibility rules are what they are. If you changed them it'd be NZ that would suffer the most and the Pacific Islands who'd gain. The Scots played well, better than they've played all tournament. Very few errors, very few penalties. That's a solid base to win a game. I thought Nigel Owens penalised England more than was necessary, and in a couple of cases that could have changed the game. He's normally a rick solid ref though. Very disappointed as an England fan, but the tournament is still there to be won.

The eligibility rules are what they are. If you changed them it'd be NZ that would suffer the most and the Pacific Islands who'd gain. The Scots played well, better than they've played all tournament. Very few errors, very few penalties. That's a solid base to win a game. I thought Nigel Owens penalised England more than was necessary, and in a couple of cases that could have changed the game. He's normally a rick solid ref though. Very disappointed as an England fan, but the tournament is still there to be won.

I don't normally mention it, as complaining about the referee is a pet hate of mine because like I said earlier after Wales, sometimes you get some and sometimes you do not, that said whilst I have no complaints about the result Scotland were brutally the far better side.. I agree Nigel had a pretty average game and was inconsistent,. Like I say no complaints, the better side won and I won't be going on social media spitting venom or hoping WR apologise.

A harsh lesson for England and perhaps something they can learn from, in a twisted way I think they will benefit from that more than if they had robbed Scotland somehow.. but they have to be a lot better to stop the Irish Slam.

Enjoy your richly deserved win Scotland.

I don't normally mention it, as complaining about the referee is a pet hate of mine because like I said earlier after Wales, sometimes you get some and sometimes you do not, that said whilst I have no complaints about the result Scotland were brutally the far better side.. I agree Nigel had a pretty average game and was inconsistent,. Like I say no complaints, the better side won and I won't be going on social media spitting venom or hoping WR apologise.

A harsh lesson for England and perhaps something they can learn from, in a twisted way I think they will benefit from that more than if they had robbed Scotland somehow.. but they have to be a lot better to stop the Irish Slam.

It is England vs Ireland on the final week for the championship now, almost irrespective of the outcomes on week 4.

It is England vs Ireland on the final week for the championship now, almost irrespective of the outcomes on week 4.

If Scotland pull off a great although surprise win against Ireland the championship is theirs IMO.

Since Wales blew them again in week 1 My Family have been ripping into me for suggesting Scotland were in with a title shot (something I said before this 6N started) albeit behind Ireland and England..

This defeat for England has been coming I think, they have sailed close to the wind with poor performances and sometimes it glosses over a few glaring problems.. even at Twickers I think they will need a rocket up their arses to beat Ireland who to be fair look too strong this year (although not the most attractive team to watch)

Back