Six Nations 2018

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did fall asleep for quite some time during the England v Ireland game, so am poorly placed to challenge this observation, but are there specifics that you could mention?

From the 70% or so that I watched, the officials were as good as Gold. As, I might add, rugby officials generally are, whether one likes their outcomes or not.

Nothing wrong with none of the decision has far as I could see

First Ireland try was a clear knock on. TMO missed it. Second Ireland try had a questionable forward pass, TMO didn't even look at it. Clear shoulder to the head of Eliot Daly by Bundee Aki - should have been a yellow card at least and could easily have been a red. At least four forward passed (three by Ireland, one by England) that the ref waved on. As I said, I don't think England deserved to win but the officiating was abysmal.

Well Bundee Aki was a lucky boy, by todays reckoning and I remember at least one Irish knock on in the try replay. So that's fair comment, but the BA incident was reviewed to death, so how they got it "wrong" is hard to say.
As I said above, I was "tired and emotional" by the end of the first match and I doubt I would have noticed if Ant McPartlin had refereed.

Latest posts

Back