Skinners

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember Skinners. Even went on the brewery tour while I was camping near Truro. Great beer names and pump clips as I recall, but I found all their beers very sweet. That didn't hold me back on the brewery tour, though, which amounted to about 10 or 15 minutes looking at some vessels and then an hour an hour or so in the hospitality centre. :laugh8:

For me, they have been left behind a little bit but some of their beer, Lushingtons or Porthleven for example are great.
Ah. Things have moved on. In my day it was all Betty Stoggs and Cornish Blonde and one with a flasher hiding his bits behind a barrel. Don't recall having tasted the two you mention.

Mate of mine got a barrel of Ginger ****** in for his wife's birthday party a few years back, sipping a few of those at his smallholding looking out over the sdea watching the sun go down was brilliant. I see they've "retired" the name of this beer now, probably not PC. Always enjoyed their beers when in Cornwall.

We had Lushingtons at our wedding (originally from Cornwall). Special place in my heart for the drink I had at the best party i've ever been to :)

The good news is the croudfunding raised the target £100k in four days
Additional money is now being raised to develop a community space outside the brewery now for events to be held to benefit local charities.

It’s a fantastic brewery and had many a work leaving do disguised as a brewery tour there when I was living in Cornwall. Probably one of the only things I miss about it now I’m living in Norfolk…and the pasties available in every third shop obviously.

Back