Sloe gin dilemma

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisamorris

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m kind of new to all of this, but I have a bit of a problem and can’t seem to find an answer anywhere on Google - hope you guys can help.

in June I started brewing some sloe gin from dried sloes, fast forward to last weekend and I was ready to filter and decant it to create Christmas presents. Ive realise the bottles I bought are far too big and there isn’t enough liquid to fill as many as I need. The way I see it I have 3 options:

1) dilute what I have with fresh gin
2) add some of the sloes in with the bottles to fill them more (I’ve heard fresh spoil, but would dried be ok?)
3) buy new, smaller bottles

Has anyone done this before? Would really appreciate some help!

Can anyone recommend some small, glass bottles for posting home-made wine to friends and family? 50ml or less, cos I'm tight.

Can anyone recommend some small, glass bottles for posting home-made wine to friends and family? 50ml or less, cos I'm tight.
Sorry for the late reply I haven't been on for a while. Wilko used do some 50cl swing top bottles that looked quite nice. I gave my family some last year.

Latest posts

Back