Slow page loading

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with page loading times today its taking around five seconds for each page to load, i have checked other sites and they are fine.

I am on a PC using Chrome could you add your device and browser when you answer, thanks.

Last edited:

WonkyDonkey

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with page loading times today its taking around five seconds for each page to load, i have checked other sites and they are fine.

PC using Chrome.
Same, on the phone using Chrome

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks WD.

Thanks Rod i think its now fixed seems a lot faster
(i guess they were doing some kind of maintenance)

buddsy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had this same question on another forum Im on (thelotusforums.com/forum). Im not sure if this forum uses Invision platform in the background (looks similar in many ways) but might be connected if it does?

buddsy

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Its now nine days since i posted the problem and its still acting up it seems to happen most when i post something but it can happen anytime sometimes it loads fine then it'll hang showing the scrolling three bars you can see below i do not see these bars on my mobile but that suffers exactly the same problem i have tried four different browsers with cleared cache etc, wi-fi and ethernet and i have rebooted the router, all other sites are fine at the time this one slows down so its not the connection, are there any computer savvy members here who may have an idea what is going on?

Are any other members seeing this?

Last edited:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Had this same question on another forum Im on (thelotusforums.com/forum). Im not sure if this forum uses Invision platform in the background (looks similar in many ways) but might be connected if it does?
Sorry @buddsy i missed this post can you give me more details.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a serious lag today logging on and posting on Chrome but shall try Edge.

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this will not help Chippy but I get the 3 bars sometimes but everything else seems ok then it will go back to normal. I think it is my laptop that gets clogged at times and usually clear the history etc but apart from that no real answer

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know this will not help Chippy but I get the 3 bars sometimes but everything else seems ok then it will go back to normal.
This is the frustrating thing it doesn't do it all the time it can work fine for 5 minutes then for some reason posting a post or simply going back to the main menu will cause it to hang for several seconds occasionally i get an error message screen but it doesn't stay on screen long enough to read it.

I think it is my laptop that gets clogged at times and usually clear the history etc but apart from that no real answer
Thanks, i forgot to mention i did that on all browsers i tried (i have edited my earlier post)

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Gerryjo

Are you seeing the orange bars?

What are you viewing the site on?

Edit to add - 16 seconds between hitting post and the post appearing.
It's only on the pc I get the lag and the bars though my my phone which I use most has issues whatsoever.
The lag on Chrome was around 16secs ok but on edge was around 4 secs.
Ironically I'm using Chrome on my phone.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Try it with Firefox or Opera as FF has no lag at all.
UPDATE.
I tried Opera and it did seem better though it occasionally lagged so having searched i found it may be AVG antivirus causing the problem i switched to Avira and am now not getting any issues with Edge or Chrome, i haven't a clue why this happened as i have been using AVG and AVAST (they are now owned by the same company) for a while and it has never happened before so if you are having issues and are using AVG or AVAST try AVIRA free antivirus.

Avira Free Antivirus for Windows
Award-winning protection, and free forever

• Top antivirus: blocks spyware, adware, ransomware, etc.
  • Real-time protection & updates
  • Light and fast: doesn’t slow down your PC

Last edited: