Slugs and stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
Every time i have a stout in my shed/serving area i have a hard time keeping the slugs away from the tap. They love the stuff an yet seem unwilling to brew their own :evil: I'm going to hell for all the slugs i slaughtered this week. Is there any quick fix? i don't want to spread slug pellets out on my shed floor. Maybe if i left them out a small glass? Like Santa Claus :lol:

You'd have the fekkers coming down the chimney then!

:rofl: :rofl:

both your psots had me in stitches.

will a simple ring of salt around any key climbing points not solve it? failing that you can buy humane slug traps, that funnily enough, you put beer in!

edit - sorry they're not humane... they drown

Mmmmmm, slugs and salt

Poor feckers, all they want is a beer :drink:

It's fecking earwigs with me, no matter how much I clean my gear there always seem to be a couple of the little blighters hiding in my kit every time I come to brew, what's that all about?

I always use stout around the veg in the growing season. The little fekkers love it :thumb:

AT - what about after you have showered :party:

Im a wood louse and spiders in my brewing kit kinda guy :D

I often find slug trails along the carpet in my brewshed. Never found a slug though. It's slightly worrying me now :?

I threw the spent grain from the Imperial stout on the weed beds . . . Be surprised just how many slugs were trying to make of with skip loads of it . . . . . :hmm:

I get fruit flies everywhere whilst brewing. In another month the real flies come out-the flies drive me mad, they arrive in swarms and are mindnumbingly annoying. I don't seem to get slug problems. You need a duck AT. Ducks absolutely love slugs and once it's nice and fat on slugs you can eat the duck. :cool:

I managed to mash a snail today with my grain, the little fecker, swilled it out first to. Will this spoil my brew or will it just be a case of adding protein to it making the beer harder to clear ;) .

Back