Small batch BIAB with Pinter for fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodainn

Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie here.

Currently own a few pinters and a pinter 2. Being a little disappointed with some of the results I am thinking of giving BIAB a bash.
Initially I'm thinking of a small batch, 5 litres, just to test the water, and would invest in some bigger equipment if all is well and I enjoy the process.
I have a 7.8l pot I was intending to use.
Thinking I need a hydrometer etc, a bag and the relevant ingredients. Then I was intending to use one of the pinters to ferment under pressure before bottle conditioning.

Is my pot big enough?
Are there any problems associate with such a small batch?
How long should the fermentation in the pinter take?

I'm sure there will be other questions 🙂

Thanks in advance.

I can't think of any issues (though I've not brewed that small) but I think you'll need a bigger pot maybe - there was a thread here talking about pot size and another great introduction to all grain thread that was 5 litre batches I think - will see if I can find either!

Thank you very much @crowcrow

I have acquired a new (to me) 25l pot just yesterday along with a 25l fermenter so I will have a bash with these and see how I get on.

I've got my head around some of what's involved thanks to the help of a friend and brewfather.

Hopefully will get to the brew shop tomorrow and get the last few bits I need and purchase the ingredients.

Back